• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SUREFIRE KL6 15W Ostar

Britelumens

Enlightened
Hi Guys,

Up for sale are 2 unit of brand new SUREFIRE L6, custom build with an Ostar emitter in each host.
One of them has a twist tailcap for constant on, press for momentary on, while the other has a SW02 switch.

While utilizing these high powered led, it is recommended to run the highest setting on momentary only / short burst (less than 2 mins) to keep the driver cool and maintain battery longevity.
As the current drain on 3 x RCR123 at highest setting can be high as voltage sag.
But at medium output, its not an issue.

SPECIFICATIONS:

- Brand new SUREFIRE L6
- Blue Shark with Remora
- Custom anodized aluminum heat-sink
- 15W Osram Ostar (QY bin)
- run on 3 x RCR123
- ( 3 mode at Low , Medium , High (Momentary / Burst mode)
- Come with everything as pictured.

Asking for $370 ( standard switch ) Paypal gift or add 4% PP fee. Shipping worldwide.
( I have sold away the SW02 switch hence only left standard switch )

IMG_6674_zps8abybdc2.jpg

IMG_6670_zpsz0pijuhq.jpg

IMG_6671_zpstqn4x8hp.jpg

IMG_6669_zpsrahkvotb.jpg

Last edited:

tkn_boss

Newly Enlightened
Hello, i am a surefire lover and now living in Singapore. I am wondering whether we can have a chance to communicate~

nbp

Flashaholic
Hello, i am a surefire lover and now living in Singapore. I am wondering whether we can have a chance to communicate~

Welcome! I have approved your post but it would be good to communicate via private message once you have permission unless it is specifically about this sale. Thanks!

Britelumens

Enlightened
Hi 3,

Hope things are all well.

These lights were modded during my peak in CPF back then.
Where there were many fantastic modded around pushing modification light work to the limit and ability.
Back then the Osram Ostar is the grail led with crazy output in single emitter.
Its very hard to work with as you need to match the reflectors and driver to push these emitter.
And that time only Arcmania SF-V uses that Ostar. But in a 4 cell configuration.

So i built this KL6 which is still the favour of SF line. And uses its stock configuration of 3 cells.
You get the small built with big light O/P. But the draw back is at the highest setting of the shark driver with only 3 cell.
The driver need to work extremely hard and get very hot quickly. So its only recommended at short burst 3-4 sec ( for identifying far object ).
Unless you add a adapter to run 4 cells and you can turn the highest mode as long as you wish ( until the batt drop to certain V ).
The plus point of this light is also the very deep reflector. I dont think there is anything deeper than a KL6 ( past or present ).
So it throw light extremely well.

Hi Jo,

1. May I know what sort of lumens coming out of the light at low/mid/high?
I cannot recall the exact of the shark driver but its about 450mA, 700mA and 1A.
So at 1A its driver 15W at 1000 lux.

2. I am assuming 3 x primaries is ok right?
Yes. 4 would be even better so the driver work less hard.
I think there is someone build a barrel to run 4 batteries on a KL6 head.

3. Would the original innards of the L6 head provided with purchase?
Yes I still have the original led module. But not another KL6 head as I modded the it to run an Ostar.

Thanks in advance..