Surefire E1e replacement lens?

shrike2222

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello CPF members!

I'm looking for lens for Surefire E1e. Especially I want to change convex lens of old KL1 to flat type like new KX1 head or E1e.

Anyone know who or where this lenses are available?

I didn't ask to Surefire because my KL1's lens is not broken. Maybe they don't sell lens unless it is damaged.

If someone knows for this lens, please tell me.

Thanks.
Kim.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
They will probably sell you one if you ask. Otherwise, go to Flashlightlens.com and see what they have. I replaced the polycarb lens on my first G2 with a really nice Borofloat lens from them after I bubbled the original.

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have 2 Elite heads that have tiny scratches or divits in the lenses, enough to cause visible artifacts in the spill, and I would like to replace. I saw a post recently claiming that E-series lenses were difficult to find, but didn't explain why. Maybe it wasn't accurate, or an exaggeration.

I need more direction than simply a website. I searched flashlightlens.com for surefire, and came up empty. I don't know the exact lens size and thickness that I need, and even if I find the precise replacement lenses, I wouldn't know how to remove the bezel. I'm certain that information is on CPF somewhere, but it would be nice if it was actually under a thread heading such as "how to replace Surefire Elite head lenses," or even in this thread.

Unless that information appears here, probably what will happen is if I can ever convince someone like Tana, or actually Tana, to replace my bezels with a stainless bezel, I'll ask him to replace the lens while he's at it. My fingers are nimble in some applications, like stringed instruments, but any time I try to execute repair on something breakable, I break it further, and injure my fingers. Not sure which is worse, but both happening is definitely worse than neither.

m4a1usr

Enlightened
I didn't book mark the one thread I remember having the info you seek here on CPF but have the data for most SF lenses written down. If you are seeking the flat lense size for the incan head on either the E1e/ E2e series or the KL1 LED head the size is 22.42mm dia x 2.70mm thick. That's the factory dimensions. Flashlightlens carries one that could be used if it was your only available option. Its slightly smaller in dia and a bit thicker but not so much to not be able to work. You could probably replace the inner flat rubber O-ring with a thinner paper version and have it still seal out moisture. Or better yet find a thin flat Teflon O-ring from some other application and use that. Now that's for a UCL glass lense. If you would be happy with their UCL acrylic lense they offer a size that would be a very close direct replacement and might not need anything other than installing it. But I haven't tried it so others might need to chime in about their experience using the plastic version.

Last edited: