Streamlight Batonlite??

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anybody seen one of these yet?? or have an idea of price?? What does 42,000 millicandellas convert too?? Thanks. Here is the link:
http://www.streamlight.com/batnlite.htm

Blades

<FONT COLOR="#000000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Blades on 12-09-2000 at 06:27 PM</font>

HankS

Newly Enlightened
So, has anyone found one of these that is available? I saw Brock had his canceled for him at Botach (Botach...they really are schmucks!..but I buy there too!
smile.gif
), but I haven't found any other places.

Hank

Brock

Flashaholic
I have had two differnt companies tell me streamlight was going to release it early 2001, probably mid Jan. So, its wait and see.

Brock

hmmwv

Newly Enlightened
Brock -

Did you *get* one from botach? My only experience with them has shown that they are real quick to charge your credit card, but real slow to ship, if ever...

Brock

Flashaholic
I should have know better, right now I have been billed for the light, I called them and they told me the light was shipped so I have to pay for it. I them asked them if they have it, they said no, and that the light wasn't available until early next year. So I asked again, what was I billed for if you don't even have the light yet. They said, "well the computers show the light was shipped so we have to bill you for it, do you want to return it?" AHHHHH Of course I told them again I didn't get the light and if I did I wouldn't have a problem. I asked to talk to a manager and promptly got disconnected. I called back twice with the similar results and have a couple of emails out there. I have put a hold on the payment from my CC, but I don't know how much good that will really do.

So, if you order from Botach the key is, make sure they actually have the item and it is in stock.

Brock

hmmwv

Newly Enlightened
Typical Botach !!!

I swear this company uses your credit card funds to go out and buy product rather than stocking it - They pulled the same trick on me when I ordered replacement bulbs for my surefires.

It doesn't do any good when dealing with them to ask the "sales" department if something is in stock - they answer yes to every item - then tell you it will ship today or tomorrow - calling back, you discover it never was in stock, but it's now on order since you bought one - it'll ship in 2 weeks.

It *IS* against the law (and in violation of their merchant agreement) for any merchant to bill your card BEFORE shipping the product -- except under certain circumstances, i.e. special pre-orders, etc - which must be clearly stated in the ad. Nail them on the chargeback - if more people did, their merchant bank would close their account!

And their telephone etiquite (sic?) is true to form - transfer someone to an answering machine - make them call back on a line that doesn't answer, say "you must talk to customer service - we only take your money on this line" - do whatever is necessary to provide the absolute worst experience for the buyer!

I better stop now - this is turning into yet another botach flame. Let me know when they have their going out of business sale.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, I for one will not buy from Botach. Thank you for giving us these warnings. Very surprising in this day and age. Merry Christmas every one.

HankS

Newly Enlightened
I say that everytime about Botach, then they come out with an outrageous price on something I'm looking for, like the Surefire 8NX I got!
grin.gif
Now, it's pricing on some Becker knives that I've been looking at! They've now brought the Batonlite back on their website. I guess this would mean I could order it, have them charge my credit card., they'll post a shipping label which initiates a tracking number with UPS, and hope that I'll be quiet for a few weeks until they get it in!

Hank

mc

Newly Enlightened
I appreciate the Botach warning. I have not bought from them yet, and I do not plan to.

MC

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I recently bought an Inova X5 from botach (bocrap) and they sent me the wrong color, and the flashlight they sent me was USED!!! I couldn't believe it. And to top it all off they wouldn't refund my S&H.
I personally don't care if something is a few dollars more, just as long as you can get good service. Half of the people there can't even speak english.

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
They were discontinued at the beginning of 2006. Price was around $40 so not expensive compared to "good" flashlights, but probably not worth it given the uncommon batteries and quickly outdated LEDs.

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one that was given to me. It still works, though the N cells took a dump on me a while back. I cleaned it up and now the momentary press does nothing but I can screw in the tail cap and it works. I modified mine with a pill with a driver and Cree XP-L or XM-L or something behind a tiny reflector. It still has a very floody beam but it works.

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry, I grabbed it with the intent to take photos but got locked out of the house then I forgot to do that. LOL! I searched the forums in case I had posted about it because I recall taking photos of the light assembly/pill that I had created for it. The light now takes two AAA batteries with a paper sleeve as a spacer so that the batteries don't rattle around. I'll take photos of it tonight when I get home along with the pill. In the meantime