Comparing X5T with other non-Luxeon LED lights

TimeTraveller

Newly Enlightened
Hi all, I haven't bought A2 yet, coz it's quite expensive... but I'm planning to get it, along with a KT1 turbohead :p

I do have a X5T, and I'm fairly satisfied with it. Indoor, it gives out more than enough light for me (but it's because my house has light color walls, and I have good sight in darkness). Of course, any Luxeon will have more light than X5T (except L1 in low output mode), but then indoor, I don't need this much light (anyway, I'm not trying to replace all the light bulbs in my house with LED flashlights /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif).

Outdoor, as long as not under bright light source, X5T performs fairly well too. I have no problem checking out the entire backyard with X5T. Now of course it won't throw like more than 20 meters (even though it said the effective range is up to 120ft, which is around 40 meters...), but I can light up the wall over 10m away while going through 2 bright light source, that's pretty good to me.

So here it comes. How well will A2's LED perform compare with X5T? How about TT2L? And other non-Luxeon LED flashlights? Any comment is welcome.

Personally, I have seen A2 before, and have done a short comparison, not with X5T, but with Inova Microlight (both white). I'm sure it's not close to accurate, because I was firing both lights in a narrow room which can easily bounce the light back to my eyes. But then, I saw that A2's LED is not brighter than my Inova Microlight, or if it is, then not a big visual difference (although it seems that A2 LED's cover range is a bit bigger). Is here anybody who has experience comparing A2 LED with other non-Luxeon lights?

Note before going off: I've seen Inova X1 in Fry's last weekend (I live around Houston), and the beam is definitely... unique! Almost like peeping from submarine... "pipe" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif, or like the 007 movies' classic opening, nothing but a circle with something revealed? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

JJHitt

Enlightened
The LEDs in the TT-2L are not going to be as bright as the X5. The emphasis on the LED mode of the TT-2L is on runtime, not brightness (that's what the Xenon bulb is there for).