(NEW) My videos of the PD35 TAC (Tactical Edition) 1000 lumen flashlight. [4 videos]

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is the playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLNpExbvcyUkPGFM7neI55JI1hh9rV-Ao4

Presently, there is only the daytime overview/demo. Depending on weather I will try and get the night time video done tonight and maybe the comparison video either same or tomorrow or something, so stay tuned. I will add the extra PD35 TAC videos on that playlist and update this thread once I add them.

Enjoy (before you realise you are on your way to your favourite flashlight vendor to make an order right now!)

(plus, I really like the heat-sinking, because I can now mount the light bezel down, like I used to prior to PD35. The heat-sinking is less aggressive and does not catch on the interior of my Maxpedition holster... NICE fenix!)

I was so hoping to see videos to help convince me to get one, but nobody made any :( usually one or two people get early models for review but this time nobody did it seems.

EDIT:
Second video up. I had to supplement it with still images since every camera I have cannot pick up light at a distance through not being able to changethe ISO on video mode. But the still images help to show what the light is capable of. I will make a shorter range video soon to show more colour rendition and beam/hotspot profile before I make the comparison video.

EDIT: Third video up. It is the close range and colour rendition video. It performed very well, as expected and the next video that I will be doing will be comparing this TAC version with the PD35 original, PD32 Ultimate Edition and perhaps another different light if I can find it in time.

EDIT: Fourth and (so far) final video is live. Colour rendition and beam profile comparisons between the Fenix PD35 Tactical Edition, Original PD35, PD32 Ultimate Edition, Original TK15.

Last edited:

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: My videos of the PD35 TAC ( Tactical Edition) 1000 lumen flashlight.

Thanks for the video. I look forward to the rest. Awesome light. The first fenix to really catch my attention in a while. I will be buying one.

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: My videos of the PD35 TAC ( Tactical Edition) 1000 lumen flashlight.

Thanks for the video. I look forward to the rest. Awesome light. The first fenix to really catch my attention in a while. I will be buying one.

Very nice. I had been hoping for a 1000 lumen PD35 form-factor light for ages. I am hoping the throw is as good as I hope it is.

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: (NEW) My videos of the PD35 TAC ( Tactical Edition) 1000 lumen flashlight.

Second video up on the playlist. It's more of a distance beamshots video, I had to add still images since my camera cannot do distance low light, but it gets the point across. I love the light, It is very nice and I just like having a new light and the fact that it is my first 1000 lumen light :) Expect a couple more videos coming soon in the next day(s)

Doheny

Newly Enlightened

Do u have a link for what holster you're using?

hatman

Enlightened

Thanks for the vids.
How does the actual output compare to that of the 2014 PD35?

Last edited:

LeafSamurai

Enlightened

Great videos and will be waiting for more. This just made my decision to get the PD35 TAC so much easier lol.

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast

Great videos and will be waiting for more. This just made my decision to get the PD35 TAC so much easier lol.

lol very nice. Always nice to be convinced to get something you really want.

I have no experience with the 2014 model sorry.

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have added another video, video 3, on the close range aspect and colour rendition. The next one that I do will be the comparison video. Direct link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKzdaKwUGVM&list=PLNpExbvcyUkPGFM7neI55JI1hh9rV-Ao4&index=3

EDIT: How is it that there are no other videos on youtube about this new light? I would have thought by now, the first 1k lumen Fenix light in this class would have had tons of people showing what it can do in videos. I was so hoping to enjoy watching them all and instead found nothing. Well I hope people enjoy mine and I hope to see more soon from other people.

Last edited:

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast

Video 4 of 4 is now live. Colour rendition and beam profile comparisons between the Fenix PD35 Tactical Edition, Original PD35, PD32 Ultimate Edition, Original TK15.

What are your thoughts on the comparisons between the lights? In my opinion it is hard to beat that colour rendition of the PD32 UE but man oh man is that PD35 TAC a sweet light...

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Your video's convinced me to buy one of these. Will add my thoughts when I have it in hand and some burn time.

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Got the light today and have ran it for about a half hour tonight. I like it. Good build quality. Clean artifact free nice cool white beam. Very little tint shift across the beam which is nice. Mode spacing is good. A moon mode would have been a bonus. (Are you listening Fenix?). Mine will stay in outdoor mode pretty much all the time. The clip is better than expected. The stainless button is a nice touch too. Should be more durable for the long haul than the older rubber versions. The output step down happened pretty close to the 5 min mark. It was getting hot but not too hot to hold. One bump of the side switch bumped it back up to turbo. I done a short video on it that is uploading to youtube at the moment. Will post a link in the main thread when it's done.

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Irony of sorts, the rubber button on the older models was obsoleted far sooner then actually wearing out.
I've a LD12 nearly three years I guess, no issue with button.
I'm far more skeptical about other OEM buttons then Fenix.
I'm looking forward to the Tac, it's on my list just not near top at the moment.
Jelly.

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Irony of sorts, the rubber button on the older models was obsoleted far sooner then actually wearing out.
I've a LD12 nearly three years I guess, no issue with button.
I'm far more skeptical about other OEM buttons then Fenix.
I'm looking forward to the Tac, it's on my list just not near top at the moment.
Jelly.
am confused. You said the button was obsoleted sooner than you thought and it wore out? I have had even one of the rubber buttons wear out on me. I just feel like they would be more libel to wear out compared to the feel of the solid metal button. Could be placebo though.

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine are all A OK.
Thought was, it became obsolete, the button lives on.
I've no issues with Fenix buttons if you didn't gather that.

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh I think you mis-typed you put then instead of than. I thought your button broke after thinking how the button was obsoleted. lol

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh I think you mis-typed you put then instead of than. I thought your button broke after thinking how the button was obsoleted. lol
Um yeah, tablet skews every third weird on me.

Nope, no issues, love the button after getting over initial skepticism, now the stainless exceeds that as a bonus.
Though, there would be a notable loss in tactile drag feedback.
Nothing lining clip up with button can't help a lot I guess.

wolfgaze

Enlightened
Excellent videos and good to know about the Maxpedition holster compatibility - thank you...