• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

TM36vnM Limited Edition - The 1M Lux Reflector Thrower

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
TM36vnM Limited Edition - The 1M Lux Reflector Thrower

With a XPG2-R5 I was able to achieve ~900K Lux

Now with the new XPG2-S4, harder driven, better beam tuning and improved heat sinking techniques I believe 1M Lux is achievable.

Beam shot below is with a TM36vn XPG2-S2 VS a K40vn Fiat Lux

I will only build 5 of these lights. More details after my vacation ;-)

K40vn Fiat Lux VS TM36vn S2

TM36vn S2

TM36vnM S4 Coming Soon ;-)

$615/$660

Last edited:

Bigwilly

Flashlight Enthusiast
Damn, 100 more kcd than my TM36vn? Lol. I hope it breaks a million kcd. I might need to get mine upgraded.

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vinh, I already have three TM36 lights. I would be interested in having one of mine modded to one of these super bright configurations if possible.

Since Litmous no longer makes the SBT-70, I'd also like to get the emitter back to use as a spare in case of future need on the other lights.

More info when you get back from your vacation on the other configurations.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
#1 2 and 3 is sold. Will take order for 2 more before sale is closed. all will have my "V54" engraving and 1-5 serial engraved.

$600

Thanks!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Can you upgrade mine that you modded with the new XPG2-S4?

This is not a simple LED upgrade. It's a complete new mod that involves all of the same work even if its just a LED swapped.

The incredibly complicated driver must come out before the LED can. The LED is on a LED copper base and then its solder bonded onto a huge HS. There are like several layers with separate switches, adapter plug and a couple of driver layers hold together with like 6 washers, screws and retainer that must all be dissemble just to get to the LED.

Must reverse the process to get everything back in. Check for beam and if its not good everything must be redo again. The XPG2 dedome is a tiny LED in relatively huge reflector. A tiny shift ruins the lux, and focus.

The driver is a pain to mod too. The driver was designed to drive the much more current demanding SBT70 where there ar emore or less flexibilty with the drive. We don't have this flexibility as we are pushing the LED and heat-sinking to the very limit. Turning down the current is a must and is tricky. A bit to high pops the LED or tint shift and we loose efficiency. A bit too low and we might not hit out 1M lux goal or even 900K for that matter. A lux meter need to be used to check progress along the way. Numbers jump all over the place too. Another problem is all drivers are a little different. This is what happens when you have complicated electronics with too many parts. Too many components could builds up greater uncertainties/tolerances so every driver has to be treated independently from one another. Cant use the same exact mods for all the drivers.

To me this light mod is like a chemistry balance equation. Beam optical physics must integrate seamlessly and balance correctly with its electronics to reach our goal.

DriverVNX2 can be used and our problems would be greatly mitigated. However, I want the factory driver as it has great current regulation, works well with the dual stage switch design and retain the useless LCD that I kinda like. LOL

So...Yah changing the LED in your light + driver tweaks is like a brand new mod...Tough for me to do and to charge. Therefor for this light I will only mod a brand new one. Sorry.

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Crap I forgot to calculate any shipping into the price.

For this light its $615/$660

Bigwilly

Flashlight Enthusiast
So the lcd and dual switches work on this. Makes me want to sell my TM36vn and get this one, lol.

crashunit007

Newly Enlightened
Also count me in possibly, but have a few questions first, so please also check your email for me too.