Massdrop items

markr6

Flashaholic
I see some cool gadgets on Massdrop now and then (including flashlights), but what's the deal with all the lock picking stuff?

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess flashlight geeks like lock picking? Either that, or they are catering to the B&E crowd? :shrug:

I know how to pick, you just need a paperclip. There are other, faster methods that are almost as cheap. Theory and Knowledge > the gear you use. I can do a 5 disc wafer padlock in under 2 minutes with paperclip wire. Wafer locks are a joke.

You don't need a vibropick. You need to know about "security pins," mushroom and serrated. A wafer lock can't work like that.

I've got a big honking Cole lock that looks the part. Really beefy. I trusted it for years until I tried to pick it one day. Freaking cosmetic lock! You're better off leaving a note that says "please don't take this stuff."

To know a lock is trustworthy, you must try to pick it. You must at least check to see if the lock is bypassable. That's a near instantaneous open with no skill. I do not understand why any maker would ship a bypassable lock.

I never broke the law, I was a hazmat responder. When seconds count, a pick gun or compressed air pick is fast, but a solid kick is faster. Most people don't know how crappy door frames are.

Get caught with this stuff as a regular civvie, expect problems. Never carry picks.

Last edited:

Latest posts