What new AA lights came out in 2015?

Grizzly22

Newly Enlightened
I haven't been paying too much attention this year so I'm sure I missed a lot.

Just curious what new AA flashlights came out this year, would love to get something similar to my TK41.

Thanks

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't been paying too much attention this year so I'm sure I missed a lot.

Just curious what new AA flashlights came out this year, would love to get something similar to my TK41.

Thanks

I've got the Armytek Prime A2 (and A1). Not sure if they came out this year, or late last year. Nice lights, good modes, bright, very solid, really like the warm tint option.

Zebralight SC5. I've got the SC5w coming. Typical great Zebralight UI and blow-out brightness in a small package.

If you're looking at 4xAA, I'm not sure if there's anything new this year. I got a Sunwayman D40A neutral white this year, but I think it came out over a year ago. But its output and pretty-good throw is nice.

Amelia

Enlightened
Probably the 3 main ones are the Zebralight SC5 (already mentioned), the L3 Illumination L11C, and the EagleTac D25A Titanium Nichia 219, 2015 edition.

The L11C is a really inexpensive and reasonably good quality Nichia 219 light... I have one and it's held up fine so far with the limited use I've given it so far.

The one I'm really interested in, though, is the "kickstarter project" high CRI stainless tritium vial light. There's a thread on it in this forum here:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?403025-Designing-an-LED-flashlight-for-Kickstarter

He's still making design changes and it's still in the prototype stages not yet for sale, but it looks like it will end up being a GREAT light if he follows through and doesn't compromise too much on the design! :)

Last edited:

magellan

Honorary Aussie
I don't know when exactly it came out, I just know it's relatively recent, but my Nitecore EAX 8xAA Hammer is a truly awesome light.