Bright throw flashlight- Need advice!

Lantern32

Enlightened
Hello CPF!

Many people know that throw flashlights tend to have less lumens than floody flashlights. My question is: Are there any high lumen throw flashlights out there? When a throw flashlight has less lumens, the beam will be much tighter than a flashlight with more lumens and the same amount of throw. Are there any good throwing lights with a lot of lumens? That would be ideal! :crackup::whistle:

TEEJ

Flashaholic
The way to ask for this, is to say what you want to see at what range, and, how wide the beam should be at that that range.

For example: I want to be able to see a tree line at 500 meters, and I want the beam to be at least 100 meters wide at 500 meters range. (Or between 50 meters and 150 meters, or whatever you actually want)

The beam ANGLE for that light can then be taken into account, and allow narrowing your selection to an appropriate beam width, etc.

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fourth new thread\on, Best, Brightest, Longest, Most lumens.

Why not keep it all in one thread as I alluded to yesterday?

Midnight.Sun

Newly Enlightened
Ok .. You want overkill at the distance

I see that you are considering Olight SR95 UT/s UT and TM36 for their throw, but you also wish to have the output of TM16, TK75 4000 lm, and you don't want HID you want instant brightness ..
So you don't care about size or weight, and you don't mind to pay 350 $ or more, but you want stock not modified, correct ?
Though Acebeam K60 is close to your requires, but most likely will fall short in the throw department.

That impossible mission my friend is accomplished, in the price, weight, stock, and throw & brightness ranges, if you are open for a strange but very simple solution.

Creating no more threads , and tell me if you are interested, it is a little unorthodox, and i'll answer you here please !! So what you say ?

PS. Requires 6 x 18650 batteries

Hint about the throw & brightness :
High brightness "Don't shine directly at eyes"
To the bear it will be like "Midnight Sun" :grin2:

Last edited:

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not trying to be rude, just members are falling over themselves answering same or very similar need in four different threads.

Also OP could do some footwork in all these pain staking detailed reviews a bit more IMO. The forum is full Of informative reviews to cut down on rampant thoughts an questions on the matter.

Idk, like I said not trying be rude, just this is borderline ridiculous in four threads.

Parrot Quack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Like everything else in life, within one's budget, pick-up truck, sedan, SUV, luxury or sports car, eventually, you have to pick one.

Lantern32

Enlightened

Lantern32

Enlightened
Have you seen the Fenix Tk75 or Acebeam X60M? Off the top of my head those (multi emitter) style lights are gonna be close to what you are describing. Have you seen some of Vinhs lights?? That is what the fellow above has linked you to. His TK75vn is a monster!

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...ebeam-X60-amp-X60M-brief-review-and-beamshots
Ive been looking at those. I'm not sure if they have enough to throw for me. With the 2015 TK75 I'm not sure if I'll be able to see a tree at about 700-800 meters. I've been looking at the olight SR95 lights. vinhs lights are really cool, but I can't find any specs!

Lantern32

Enlightened
The way to ask for this, is to say what you want to see at what range, and, how wide the beam should be at that that range.

For example: I want to be able to see a tree line at 500 meters, and I want the beam to be at least 100 meters wide at 500 meters range. (Or between 50 meters and 150 meters, or whatever you actually want)

The beam ANGLE for that light can then be taken into account, and allow narrowing your selection to an appropriate beam width, etc.
Very good thinking! I live in a meadow, and I am right next to a ski resort. I would like to be able to see a tree or two at about 800-1000 meters. I currently own a TM26 which can pretty much light up everything around me, but doesn't even make it across the meadow. I believe the light would defiantly need to be over 100k CD.

Lantern32

Enlightened
Fourth new thread\on, Best, Brightest, Longest, Most lumens.

Why not keep it all in one thread as I alluded to yesterday?
Im conducting research, and I'm in the process of making a chart with options. Every time I keep my question on one thread, the amount of people coming to the thread drops pretty quickly. I figured that if I change my criteria/question, then I should probably change the thread. I apologize if I have caused anyone frustration.

Lantern32

Enlightened
Ok .. You want overkill at the distance

I see that you are considering Olight SR95 UT/s UT and TM36 for their throw, but you also wish to have the output of TM16, TK75 4000 lm, and you don't want HID you want instant brightness ..
So you don't care about size or weight, and you don't mind to pay 350 $ or more, but you want stock not modified, correct ?
Though Acebeam K60 is close to your requires, but most likely will fall short in the throw department.

That impossible mission my friend is accomplished, in the price, weight, stock, and throw & brightness ranges, if you are open for a strange but very simple solution.

Creating no more threads , and tell me if you are interested, it is a little unorthodox, and i'll answer you here please !! So what you say ?

PS. Requires 6 x 18650 batteries

Hint about the throw & brightness :
High brightness "Don't shine directly at eyes"
To the bear it will be like "Midnight Sun" :grin2:
I'd like to hear your solution! Stock lights are my preferred choice because I don't need to worry about something going wrong. I haven't heard a ton of good things about ace beam. People say they over-spec, and and as high quality. But putting all that aside, I believe it would fall a little short.

Lantern32

Enlightened
Do we have a new Remco? :p All these questions in one thread is more convenient, indeed.
I'm sorry! I'm fairly new here and I didn't know if it was on a new question-new thread type of system.

Lantern32

Enlightened
Not trying to be rude, just members are falling over themselves answering same or very similar need in four different threads.

Also OP could do some footwork in all these pain staking detailed reviews a bit more IMO. The forum is full Of informative reviews to cut down on rampant thoughts an questions on the matter.

Idk, like I said not trying be rude, just this is borderline ridiculous in four threads.
I'm very new here. In other threads, people use to tell me to make a new thread if I have a question. I have learned my lesson, and will not make any new threads. I can post a detailed review of my Nitecore TM26, so I will have positively added on to the forums.

Lantern32

Enlightened
I just got an Acebeam K40M, and you know what? - Now I want an Acebeam K60:-(

It's almost as if I have some sort of sickness...:)

Thanks,
-Chuck
How is the acebeam working for you? I've heard good and bad things about them. I'm quite intrigued about the amount of lumens they claim on some of their lights!

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Very good thinking! I live in a meadow, and I am right next to a ski resort. I would like to be able to see a tree or two at about 800-1000 meters. I currently own a TM26 which can pretty much light up everything around me, but doesn't even make it across the meadow. I believe the light would defiantly need to be over 100k CD.

To see that there are trees, you'd need at least one lux on them.

To PUT one lux on something 1,000 meters away, you'd need a light rated at ~ 1 MILLION cd, not just 100k cd.

:devil:

For the record, not a single light recommended or discussed in this thread puts out a million cd....

...let alone a WIDE beam with a million cd.

This might be an option though:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...-Limited-Edition-The-1M-Lux-Reflector-Thrower

Last edited:

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm very new here. In other threads, people use to tell me to make a new thread if I have a question. I have learned my lesson, and will not make any new threads. I can post a detailed review of my Nitecore TM26, so I will have positively added on to the forums.
Wasn't trying to bust your chops but each person takes a chunk of their time to answer you and then we see it in another thread with no background if it's in lineage and pertinent or not.

So advice can an will be all over the place as different targets are being set up. When these very knowledgeable folks could cut straight to a good answer for you.

I'm not saying you are, but people dance around an make it hard to get to the actual need or want as in fantasy choices.
Which are things that are modded and can light up half the planet but within reason an with limits that end user should be aware of.

I hope this makes sense and helps you in your quest of research on the meadow lighting up bears good sir.
Some here could hook you up with a light to set the bear on fire, others can guide you to a light you can actually carry on you.

Can't have both perfectly together, no Reese's solution yet.