Thrunite TN12 Issues.

drmsqsher

Newly Enlightened
I had the Thrunite TN12 (2014). It's about a year old and used everyday, If noticed that the selector switch is sticky and/or just not working half the time as well as the power output is not nearly as bright as it use to be. Is there anything I can do to improve or repair it?? Any help is much appreciated!!

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
take the light apart (head, tube and tail) and go over all conduction points with rubbing alcohol with a q-tip. Remember that the TN12 eats even the most stout cells on turbo thus noticing it not reaching that point is common. As for the side switch I myself would douse it in rubbing alcohol although you may want to check with TN on that one. Oh and also clean the battery as well positive and negative.

drmsqsher

Newly Enlightened
I've Done the cleaning with alcohol on the head and tail caps, but I'll give the switch and battery cleaning a go, and possibly a new battery or two!! I'm a newbie, any suggestions on the best 18650's?! Thanks for the advice. ~drmsqsher

bdogps

Enlightened
I've Done the cleaning with alcohol on the head and tail caps, but I'll give the switch and battery cleaning a go, and possibly a new battery or two!! I'm a newbie, any suggestions on the best 18650's?! Thanks for the advice. ~drmsqsher

That is a whole can of worms you opened there mate. Avoid any xxxxfire batteries. Some reckon that Japanese made cells have the best chemistry. Most cells are just rebranded. Gear best have good deals on batteries. I really like the price on those Keeppower batteries.