Favorite EDC FIXED BLADE?

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got an itch for an EDC fixed blade. Whats your favorite? If you don't EDC it that's fine also. Im a sucker for Spyderco....but all favorites are welcome.

:popcorn:

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the 3 sizes of David Boye's cobalt based metal fixed blades. Corrosion proof and a nice, simple design. The blades are great at cutting anything - even synthetic rope. There are some you tube videos - in one a guy cuts a frozen chicken. The smaller size is very pocket friendly.

I also have one of the smaller Bark River Knives. I like the convex grind because it is so easy to sharpen.

Unfortunately, I can't carry any of them in Switzerland.

magellan

Honorary Aussie
I met David and his wife at a knife show many years ago. Great knives, simple but functional like you said.

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
David literally wrote the book on custom knife making. He designed the indent on lock back knives and Spyderco calls them Boye indents in recognition of his innovation. (Spyderco does a great job of giving credit where credit is due.) The cobalt based metal is corrosion proof and non-magnetic. David casts the knives rather than forging them so the molecular structure provides microscopic mini serrations. Really great knives for a reasonable price.

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
David literally wrote the book on custom knife making. He designed the indent on lock back knives and Spyderco calls them Boye indents in recognition of his innovation. (Spyderco does a great job of giving credit where credit is due.) The cobalt based metal is corrosion proof and non-magnetic. David casts the knives rather than forging them so the molecular structure provides microscopic mini serrations. Really great knives for a reasonable price.

Agreed. also the inspiration for the Spyderco Serrata 440C cast dendritic steel. The handle and geometry of that knife makes every knife you picked up before it feel like a mistake...only thing is, it's to big for EDC, but does everything exceptionally well.

Miss that knife, Ill get her back :mecry:.....anyone want to buy a Domino at a crazy good price? PM me...:naughty:

Got a Böker Plus Rambler as a fix bladed EDC, not wonder what but nice, small and lightweight.

Cheers

RBR

Thats a nice little piece, it's only $30 stateside! Polished 440C, Blue micarta, thats a deal right there...

Only thing, I have huge mits, I can't do the 3 finger deal. I had a TOPS MSK. Great knife, loved it, couldn't hold it. :shakehead

Last edited:

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love my Esee Izula, edc it every day. Perfect szie, sharpens easy and holds an edge well plus the warranty can't be beat. I like Spyderco as well but they have taken a jump in price since that I just can't justify when my Izula does everything so well

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any of the Spyderco Temperance and Street Beat series are great for EDC, the Morans are nice too.....light enough to carry as a neck knife.

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love my Esee Izula, edc it every day. Perfect szie, sharpens easy and holds an edge well plus the warranty can't be beat. I like Spyderco as well but they have taken a jump in price since that I just can't justify when my Izula does everything so well
+1 Izula, solid like a rock. Fits in a whole lot of categories, finding a sweet spot.

Not sure you can get a smaller, better choice for EDC or backup field knife.

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Esee Izula, Bark River Necker and Malkoff MD2 (For size comparison and use)

image.jpg

RWT1405

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like my Benchmade Activators (201 and 211), nice, well made knives.

I recently got a Kershaw Mini Skinner and have to say it's not bad, and for the price, it anything happens to it, no big deal.

TOWFLYER

Newly Enlightened
I have a Shadowtech spear point with a modified sheath set for appendix carry.

I would like to post a pic but it seems I don't have the option of posting pics from my computer.

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Shadowtech spear point with a modified sheath set for appendix carry.

I would like to post a pic but it seems I don't have the option of posting pics from my computer.
Tinypic is free, gotta use image hosting here.

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine would be the dpx gear heft 4. Just the right size for outdoor chores 75% of the time. MCGizmo Mule behind for comparison.

_D2H2719_zps492bf1b3.jpg

sarge1967

Newly Enlightened
ESEE IZULA is a perfect EDC fixed blade in my opinion. It can be worn on your belt, in a boot, around your neck, in your pocket. It is extremely versatile. The edge is easy to maintain and gets razor sharp. The warranty just can't be beat. You have a lot of options with the handle as well, leave it, para cord, or buy a set of G10 scales from TKC.

PartyPete

Enlightened
I'll throw out a weird one here - Cold Steel Pro Guard

Styled like a Fred Perrin knife with the retention hole but with a bit more of a handle on it. Not too big or small. Very sharp and pointy, good workhorse and not a bad last ditch defense either.

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just ordered a Spartan Enyo, got to play with a Phobos and being as they are discontinued ordered the new version.