Duty Holder for SF C2

tomcat017

Enlightened
Hi Everyone -

I'm looking for a flashlight holder for a SF C2 to go on a 2.25" belt. Leather would be ideal but not necessary; bezel-down carry is an absolute must. Open-top/friction-fit would be better, but something with a retention flap would be OK too.

For the last few years, I've used a custom made leather holster, but it suffers from two problems. First, the retention is not great and during a run or climbing around things, the light will sometimes fall out - not a good feeling. Second, the bottom is open - the lether just kind of folds under the bottom and retains the light. Now that the leather has worn a little and softened up, the light sometimes falls straight through the holder and out the bottom.

I did some searching here and found the following options in posts a few years old:

Comp Tac - have some of their other stuff, and it's solid. However the design is pretty minimalist and I'm worried about retention and protection of the light.

Surefire V85 - looks like I may not even have the belt real-estate for, it's huge.

Surefire V70 - looks decent?

Just hoping one of you guys may be aware of something offered more recently, or might have some good first-hand experience or recommendations.

Thanks in advance!!

Nicrod

Flashaholic
I have a leather, open top, made by AJK Concealco.
Fits my C2's, 6P's, Z2's
It's great! Love it.
Hope this helps.

f508a8a06a3f84d4147c75778031ef64.jpg

779f291d754c418828e2ac83aa5b6a3b.jpg

9b4b5a592bfe13a81675e04d5d209938.jpg

Me+Light=Addiction

Enlightened
Google thorshammercustomleather.

He's a member here and makes great leather holsters. Contact him with your requirements and maybe he can make something that fits all of your needs.

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
Google thorshammercustomleather.

He's a member here and makes great leather holsters. Contact him with your requirements and maybe he can make something that fits all of your needs.

+ 100 Between his volunteering to answer questions on the HDS thread, being a longtime CPF member and supporter, and his STELLAR leatherwork you really, truly can not go wrong. His prices are also to low IMO. I've seen it in hand, and I think he should double his pricing stat.

Theres no one out there that does leather flashlight holsters like Hogo. Worth every cent and then some.

thorshammercustomleatherDOTcom

:party:

Last edited:

tomcat017

Enlightened
Thank you guys!

Nicrod, the Concealco looks great, but they appear to be out of business, unfortunately.

Me+ and Forrest - unfortunately, the existing holder is a Thor's Hammer. The craftsmanship, leather, and finish quality are great - and the backing that attaches to the belt is perfect and low-profile. For EDC, I think it would be great. But the retention is inadequate whenever I do much moving. I've lost the light quite a few times. And now, after a few year's use, the bottom of the leather that does the retaining has softened up -- since there is no bottom to the holder, nothing prevents the light from falling straight through and out the bottom.

If anyone has any recommendations or even ideas to salvage the current holder, please don't hold back. Thank you again - appreciate the help!

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
If anyone has any recommendations or even ideas to salvage the current holder, please don't hold back. Thank you again - appreciate the help!

Yeah, contact Hogo.....

All leather does have a point that it wears down and eventually becomes unusable.

That said, I have never heard a complaint from Thors Leather. Shoot him an email.

Nachtwacht

Newly Enlightened
Hello tomcat017,

I have tested a lot of pouches / holsters over the years and for carrying a 2-cell SureFire in a lens down / bezel down position, with friction fit, I have not found better ones than those made by Blade-Tech. I have a pouch for a SF Z2 (with their 'Teklok' attachement) that I have been using on a duty belt since 2008 and you can hardly see a scratch on the kydex. The best thing about these Blade-Tech pouches is that you can set the friction yourself with two screws. You can set it so loose that the light will fall out or so tight you can hardly pull it out, and infinite stages in between.

Personally I don't like leather for these type of friction fit holsters on a full size duty belt. Over time the leather usually stretches a bit and retention diminishes.

A company that also makes kydex flashlight pouches is Forcetech. I have no experience with their bezel down pouches however.

Greetings,

Nachtwacht

Last edited:

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you guys!

Nicrod, the Concealco looks great, but they appear to be out of business, unfortunately.

Me+ and Forrest - unfortunately, the existing holder is a Thor's Hammer. The craftsmanship, leather, and finish quality are great - and the backing that attaches to the belt is perfect and low-profile. For EDC, I think it would be great. But the retention is inadequate whenever I do much moving. I've lost the light quite a few times. And now, after a few year's use, the bottom of the leather that does the retaining has softened up -- since there is no bottom to the holder, nothing prevents the light from falling straight through and out the bottom.

If it was a holster from a few years ago... the bottom would be open but without a sewn lip. I've been sewing a piece inside the bottom for the last year or so to prevent this when the leather wears. I can also tighten the retention up rather easily. Shoot me an email and I will take care of it gratis. It's all part of my lifetime warranty.