How to request - dismantle clicky from within Tailcap & ID type & size

peterlonz

Newly Enlightened
I am pretty sure my two battery (Li-ion 1685) flashlight has a faulty clicky switch.
Due to it's very erratic performance I can't be sure how many modes or even if it's forward or reverse.
The Tailcap when removed reveals a switch module that comprises an aluminium body with protruding brass cylinder about 5 mm in Diam.
the aluminium body is screwed into the Tailcap housing by two drilled "holes" obviously designed to be inserted & removed with a special tool.
the thread inside the Tailcap measures 23 mm in Diam.
I don't want to discard this quite powerful flashlight but it is near useless as is.
How do I get the damned thing apart so that I can at least measure it or provide pics to help ID the type?
Thanks

Scourie

Enlightened
You need circuit pliers to unscrew the switch. Quite often though it can be wound out by just using a jewellers screwdriver in one hole. It could simply need tightening.

Rob

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Or use needle nose pliers. If that doesn't work try 2 nails held together with a rubber band in the center. Also those retainer rings are often reverse threaded so I out may need to turn the other direction to unscrew

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can use surgical scissors too. Only the ones that taper into a point.