Would you purchase an Elzetta AAA!?

Would you be interested in a single cell AAA Elzetta?

• YES!

Votes: 19 40.4%
  • Maybe...

Votes: 15 31.9%
  • NO.

Votes: 13 27.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amelia

Enlightened
No...
But I wouldn't but an ANYTHING AAA, since I've abandoned that cell type for lights. At some point, I reached the cold hard conclusion that I would probably never get the runtime or brightness out of a AAA light that I wanted, and that I needed to look to AA or larger to meet my needs.

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have 3 Elzettas, all Bored for 18mm cells. What I like about Elzettas is that they are SOLID, but not overly large. My AAA lights I like to be relatively small, that is why they are AAA. I would imagine an Elzetta AAA light would be the size of an AA light.

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting first posts, a little surprised....

I think they could pull it off, it may be a little on the heavy side, but I think that would add to the ROCK factor...still compact though.

I envision it as a neck / keychain....."I just crashed in the jungle and need a flashlight." type light.... In addition, I think it would be rad in collaboration of a mini survival kit from a company like TOPS knives....or ESEE.....

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
An idea......a hard use, potted, AAA light that runs on a common battery format. Perhaps a little thicker than most, but much more robust and still smaller than an AA. Single mode, with the max runtime you can squeeze out of 50 lumens....

Or at least thats how I see it.... Everyones encourage to throw out ideas and vote.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
If its head diameter was at least 2x that of the reflector, and was just generally massive and gnarly... yes!

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
If its head diameter was at least 2x that of the reflector, and was just generally massive and gnarly... yes!

Kind of like the one on the right?

c7b306087f1a0ecd5453940c6622fbff.jpg

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
IMO, AAA lights are only suitable attached to a keychain, with minimal bulk. I've already got the CPF Atom and a good Titan-A, so I've got this light type covered.

If I were in the market for one, I'd definitely be interested in an Elzetta.

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most definitely!
I have not bought the other "well known" brand AAA offering yet.

Last edited:

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kind of like the one on the right?

The one on the right is way to Robocop....

Like the E05 on steroids, Same shape, beef it up with 1/8" more aluminum, aggressive knurling and machining like the Alpha, square threads, double o rings, fully potted, head and tail spring contacts, a flood / throw optic, creamy beam, single mode, 50 lumens, Solid tail standing, indestructible, lifetime warranty, runs on any AAA - Lithium, Alkaline, Eneloop..... ( Li-ion support? ) maybe include a wicked paracord fob with an Elzetta bead and a nice gate clip on the end so you can hook it up / unhook it to whatever.

Make it the most solid AAA light on the planet......... $69.00

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes I would mosdef give it a spin. But, it would have to like being feed both AAAs and Lions. 3.7 Volts or go home, right?! Oh and one other thing, only iif they do a crenelated bezel justy likey Alpha tank. That light is built like a bank vault. Its so solid, when I first got it, I was afraid I needed a combination to open it up and load the battery. They are insane & highly under appreciated IMHO.
The only thing that light needs is a better clip design. So the AAA would have to incorporate that. Like Jasons Beta. So basically if the Alpha was meshed with the Beta, you would have a perfect AAA gamma ray!

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes! I like the idea of a collaboration between Esee and Elzetta for a mini survival kit. It's ashame that Elzettas are machined about 30 minutes from where I live, even know a boy who used to work at the machine shop, and I still don't own one.

I met the owners (at least I'm pretty sure they were) about 6 or 7 years ago when they had first started the business. I had them set up a booth at our Church's outdoor convention, real nice down to earth people. At the time a two cell light was only 150 bucks at the local gun store, I still kick myself for not buying one.

Status
Not open for further replies.