C to E adapter not working, help please.

SVT-ROY

Enlightened
Hi all, I ordered a vital gear c to e adapter and I can't get the darn thing to work with any e series body. Works fine on my p60 host. The only thing I can see is the p60 inside is shiny and the adapter is anodized. Do I need to sand sometime to make a contact I wonder? The threads are starting to wear off the anodize a little. The adapter is next to the p60 host, terrible picture. Help a simple noob lol.

Last edited:

SVT-ROY

Enlightened
Have u tried using the larger spring around the pill?

I don't think I have any larger springs left from my cheap module days. The malkoff and edc modules just have the smaller spring. It is contacting the battery. I'm not sure if an electrical connection is being missed by the anodized adapter. I'm no brain, but this is very odd to me.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
You need a thread ring extension/adapter. I get mine from Fasttech. I will go find you a size. It is not going to make the contact on the base for proper ground to the body of the light.

Go search FastTech for Copper 17m to 17mm Ring, or 17mm to 18mm. I think I use the 17 to 18mm on the E series with that adaptor. This piece presses in the top between the Body and Extension and makes contact with the Outside of your P60.

If you don't have this already, here is what you need. See the copper/brass ring pressed on the body. (Not talking about the tail cap!) lol

983D8AE4-D89C-4759-A086-BF16D4BA55EC_zpsst0mrwjz.jpg

Last edited:

SVT-ROY

Enlightened
You need a thread ring extension/adapter. I get mine from Fasttech. I will go find you a size. It is not going to make the contact on the base for proper ground to the body of the light.

Go search FastTech for Copper 17m to 17mm Ring, or 17mm to 18mm. I think I use the 17 to 18mm on the E series with that adaptor. This piece presses in the top between the Body and Extension and makes contact with the Outside of your P60.

If you don't have this already, here is what you need. See the copper/brass ring pressed on the body. (Not talking about the tail cap!) lol

983D8AE4-D89C-4759-A086-BF16D4BA55EC_zpsst0mrwjz.jpg

Once again Sr8stroke to the rescue. I see the part I need for under a buck, very cool. And I see every kind of oring I could fathom.