Best AA Thrower?

Grizzly22

Newly Enlightened
I love my TK41, I'd be very happy if Fenix decided to update this as it has been some time.

I love the throw of the TK41, is there a AA light that has better throw than this? I've been looking into the Nitecore EAX Hammer but from what I've seen on videos and reviews it's more of a flood light than throw.

Would love to hear what you think are the best AA throw lights. Thank you!!

T-roc87

Newly Enlightened
I had my tk41 modded by Vinh which he increased the lumens and added a dedomed emitter. Against my TK70, the modded TK41 throws just as far which would put it at around 120 lux which is double that of the stock TK41. As far as i know there are no other stock AA lights the can out throw the TK41 unless you find one with an aspherical lens which will give you a lazer like beam. The EAX Hammer is rated the same as the TK41 one in throw, but it will light up a bit more of your surroundings.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
So, the longest throw for a AA sized light?

What about a 14500 instead of an alkaleak?

The TK 41 used a LOT of AA....what about a smaller light with many times the throw, etc?

Last edited:

BowHunter1

Newly Enlightened
I had my tk41 modded by Vinh which he increased the lumens and added a dedomed emitter. Against my TK70, the modded TK41 throws just as far which would put it at around 120 lux which is double that of the stock TK41. As far as i know there are no other stock AA lights the can out throw the TK41 unless you find one with an aspherical lens which will give you a lazer like beam. The EAX Hammer is rated the same as the TK41 one in throw, but it will light up a bit more of your surroundings.

I too had mine modded by Vinh! Has anyone tried 14500 cells in a TK41?? I currently just use the powerx rechargeables.

throwerloverX

Newly Enlightened
I too had mine modded by Vinh! Has anyone tried 14500 cells in a TK41?? I currently just use the powerx rechargeables.

Hi! I just purchased from intl. the latest XP-L HI to upgrade my TK41... I tried to access the emitter but quite tough to unscrew, is it just mine like that? Any advise?