Is it normal that 18650 went from 4.2 V to 3.4 V after half hour high mode?

szender

Newly Enlightened
In a Nitecore P10. Sorry for this lame question, but i am quite surprised about it. I talk about a Panasonic NCR18650A, 3100 mAh. After charging it was 4.2 V, and i used it only for a half hour in high mode. Is it normal? :eek:oo:
Thank you!

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
In a Nitecore P10. Sorry for this lame question, but i am quite surprised about it. I talk about a Panasonic NCR18650A, 3100 mAh. After charging it was 4.2 V, and i used it only for a half hour in high mode. Is it normal? :eek:oo:
Thank you!
In my opinion, no.

It must have been hot?

I can't imagine that a Nitecore has no thermal or timed stepdown, either cell is weak or light decided to run in high mode even if it was frying itself.

Something's not right IMO. I don't have one, but I still don't think that's correct.

szender

Newly Enlightened
Thank you. I thought with 3100 mAh it will last more.

I am afraid it will take a long time to find the lamp i am searching for. Seems the P10 is not that exactly :)

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
According to the P10 User Manual it is supposed to run for four and a half hours with a 2600 mA 18650. I expect a 3100 mA cell would tack on another ten or fifteen minutes or so, just off the top of my head. Was this a brand new cell? A name brand or an ****fire? It would be interesting to put the cell back in and monitor the voltage as it goes, stopping at 3.0v or 2.7v or wherever you comfort spot is. But I would check with one of our battery gurus like HKJ before doing that.

Last edited:

szender

Newly Enlightened
Panasonic NCR18650A. Brand New. That manual is a.... word removed. CPF is a family forum. :)

Last edited by a moderator: