LEDs for Pain Relief

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Ooooooohh, it "produces photons of different wavelengths".... wow. So does viewing their web site... or other sites... or traffic lights, or color TVs, or....
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Doug S said:
Most of the local crowd around here seems to *buy* LEDs for pain relief. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't that a textbook definition of flashaholism? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
NASA and the Navy have been working on this sort of thing (search CPF). There are 3 specific Near IR wavelengths that are the most useful for healing injuries and deep tissue.

However, seeing as this is advertised on TV, maybe even in an Infommercial, I am dubious about their claims.

acusifu

Enlightened
I have used LLLT(low level light therapy) for years. Cold laser acupuncture !
Although I use much different equipment.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
What I'm not getting is if the light is therapeutic (assuming visible or near-visible wavelengths), wouldn't a person derive similar benefits from just stepping out into the sunshine? I don't see how a single wavelength (minus other accompanying wavelengths) delivered at the typical few milliwatts of LEDs would have any biological effect, beneficial or otherwise...??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif