Trying to decide between Olight S30r and EAGTAC D25 LC2 TAC.

sarge1967

Newly Enlightened
I need a new 18650 run light since my Thrunite TN12 has developed a switch issue and sometimes does not want to click on.
As the title says I am trying to decide between the Olight s30r II 3600 mAh or the EAGTAC D25LC2 TAC.
They both carry good warranties, Olight 5 year EAGTAC 10 year. The EAGTAC does come with a belt case, which I like for this kind of light and my job. The recharging base of the Olight is sweet though.
I do own a Zebralight sc52w so I am used to the side button interface that the Olight has, I have never owned a twist style/clicky combo like the EAGTAC. I do know I am not real fond of the interface of the TN12 in real world use. Finding the side button in the dark could be a pain sometimes. I do not have that issue with my Zebralight due to the recessed design of the switch. I am afraid I might have the lost button issue with the Olight.
I guess I should add that I use my lights every day. I am in the pest control industry and use them for inspections of homes. I do find myself in crawl spaces and attics quite often. That is why I am looking for a high output light but I need it to be dependable.
I ruled out the Zebralight sc62 because it is a bit to big for pocket carry and to small for belt carry. (At least for the sheaths I own.)
So there it is, tell me if I have missed something or if you all have another recommendation.
Thanks!

Latest posts