swapping led in new nitecore mh20

jjp888

Newly Enlightened
Hi,friends.I was planning to buy a new edc light and I decided to go for the new mh20.
The only problem I will have with this is the tint.So Iam planning to buy a neutral cree xml l2 emitter and swap the cool led in mh20.

Have anyone replaced led the from mh20.Can it be easily done(or even possible)?.Please share your opinions.

jjp888

Newly Enlightened
I sold mine because of the tint. I hate cool whites but figured I would try it anyway since the light was so nice.

You could have the work done for you, since even this experienced modder said it wasn't so easy to get into the light:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?403314-MH20vn-Compact-18650-W-Charging

Well thanks .In that case I will wait for the new zebralight mkiii.
mh20 would have been my favourite if it had nw tint.hmm can't hide my dissapointment in nitecore though(nitecore please built a nw version too!)

markr6

Flashaholic
Well thanks .In that case I will wait for the new zebralight mkiii.
mh20 would have been my favourite if it had nw tint.hmm can't hide my dissapointment in nitecore though(nitecore please built a nw version too!)

Since the SC600 is close in size and output, I didn't need the MH20 especially with the cool tint. But I would have liked a NW version MH20 in addition to my SC600 since I got a good deal on it.

I agree about the NW. My EA4w has the nicest tint ever. I wish Nitecore kept that going.

jjp888

Newly Enlightened
yesterday I got a good deal for mh20 ~50$.couldn't resist it and at once placed the order.I was planning to wait for sc600 mkiii, but this price was so irresistable.Hope I will be happy with my new "cool" flashlight.