4000lm Nitecore TM26 good or bad? any personal exp with one?

Andrew Storlie

Newly Enlightened
ok so ive been looking at getting a good flashlight for awhile that is small and powerful. and i came across the tm26 and amazon has the 2015 4000lm version for 279.99 free prime shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BG4B9SG/?tag=cpf0b6-20

is the flashlight really 4000lm on fresh batteries or is it a marketing stunt.

ive heard some reviews about error messages, leds going bad, even batteries melting... and that nitecore has ZERO customer support?

i would use the olight 3400mah protected cells in this light if i got it

does anyone have personal exp with this light????

VERY OPEN to other flashlights that are worth the money, my bugdet is 400 for the brightest, yet small enough to carry in my hand flashlight.

the flashlight needs to be waterproof and shock resistance.

ill be using it as an everyday flashlight as well as for hunting, camping, a mountain bike light...

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
You might want to look into the TM16 from Nitecore. 4000lm, 700+ meter throw, 4 x 18650. MSRP is $199, but it has been on sale on and off at various places for as little as $125. Looks a lot sharper than the TM26 IMO. Besides the price, the big difference is the cells are not rechargeable in the light, and the TM16 does not have the LCD display that the TM26 has. I am hoping Selfbuilt will be posting one of his superlative reviews soon, or maybe Subwoofer. I didn't wait and ordered mine, and it should be here withing the week.

Andrew Storlie

Newly Enlightened
see im hoping to get one that is smaller then the tm16... that wont mount on my bike easy, and its a really big head, i dont need to see 700m for hunting i have spot mounted on my jeep if im doing long range for elk. i would probably use the tm26 for when i bow hunt. and obviously its opinion based but i like the look of the tm26 lol