as of right now whats the brightes led flashlight

raggie33

*the raggedier*
things change so fast i wanted to ask this question again . include mods to please

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I think the Space Needle II gets this distinction.
I measured 3,130,000mcd on mine. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif
I have a web page about it right here if you're interested.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
lol now i want one.nice review craig.gota love that very white beam to.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
Re: as of right now whats the brightes led flashli

i think the intretech 6-5w dropin (forgive me, i can't recall the name) would be the brightest.

if you're talking about single led, then i think my 5w dropin might just take the cake. especially if you put it into a 6d maglite.
6d's can pump current very well, so it would be dangerous, but drop-dead bright /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

lak

Newly Enlightened

What? Everyone has forgotten about the Photon King I already?

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

while the pk1 is surely bright, i doubt it would be brighter than other x-binned mods.
i'm guessing it doesn't drive the led nearly as hard.

McGizmo

Flashaholic

Is bright Lux or Lumens? If it's Lux, then won't a green LED laser win? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif If it's Lumens, then I would guess a clustered 5W head should take honors.

If brightest is based on a combination of the two; say the greatest distance at which a 6' x 6' target can be effectively illuminated at, then I for one don't know. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

EDIT: My guess would be one of Charlie's mag mods or a similar clone, probably using a Lux III driven hard.

G Pilot

Enlightened

My Megalite has an X3V not T. I used it last night doing an avalanche demo. My snomobile club puts on a demo. We go out and bury a beacon and use our own beacons to find it. The side emitter really lights up a wide area. I was up in the Cascades, no city or street lights. It was the first time I really got to see my lights perform with no contamination from an outside light source. I'll tell you the light I was most impressed with was my Superligt built by ArcMania. It uses an X4T, it blew away my V2T pelican. The hotspot on the Superlight was huge and for a 5 watt it threw a beam amazingly far!

AilSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast

gizmo, did the 3w in mag reflector really get brighter (lux) than the 5w's? I think the mr-x got 12000 or so.. I second roth's x3t dropin. Looks like it is a smidgeon better thermally than the space needles (bigger body, and better sink? mrbulk?), and can run more current than the mr-x and the snII.