streamlight stinger

gianetics

Enlightened
so i just bought an rv and i found a stinger under the driver seat. no charging cradle or anything. when i opened it up its got some type of proprietary battery. i went online and its a 3.6 volt system. so the battery is really dead i didnt put it on the dmm but it will light it up for only about 10 seconds before dying. if anyone is familiar with this light is it really 3.6 or 4.2. i can make a sleeve to put an 18650 in it but i dont want to blow it up. the weird thing as weel is its got an xp-g or xp-g2 in it and it looks like its 20 years old.

Eagles1181

Newly Enlightened
The stingers were designed around NiCad batteries. You can buy replacement batteries pretty cheap. The charging cradles are about the price of a good charger, also available pretty easily. Not a bad light for its time.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
A NiCad battery pack will charge up to about 4.2 volts. I had one. Try an 18650, it may work or not. It would not destroy the light. If an LED then you might be good to go, check back. You would not be able to use a NiCad charger. Just some advise that may be good or bad. Good Luck.

Bill

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Streamlight now offers a Li-Ion battery for the Stinger series, and it's compatible with all Stinger charging cradles.