OLIGHT VS FENIX RELIABILITY POLL

Which do you believe is more reliable / durable? Olight Vs Fenix

• I believe Olight to be generally more reliable / durable.

Votes: 13 32.5%
  • I believe Fenix to be generally more reliable / durable.

Votes: 27 67.5%

• Total voters

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FENIX VS OLIGHT - RELIABILITY / DURABILITY POLL

Last edited:

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast

Many Olights are rated @ 2 meters vs's Fenix's standard 1 Meter impact rating.

For example, we know that the E01 far exceeds this rating so it may not be entirely accurate or erring on the side of caution in regards to this specific light. That said, out of these 2 companies, which do you think on average taking into consideration their entire product lines, have better overall reliability / durability?

Feel free to add your beater pics!

impact ratings are nonsense

you simply can't generalize based on brand alone

this poll isn't going to give you statistically valid results

basic models without bells and whistles are more reliable than complex ones

olight kinda screwed up w/ some of their recent offerings

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast

Last edited:

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast

Last edited:

KeepingItLight

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think both brands are about the same.

This could have–and probably should have–been a survey option.

Actually, I think 6 choices would have been best:

• Olight is significantly more reliable/durable than Fenix.
  • Olight is somewhat more reliable/durable than Fenix.
  • Olight and Fenix are about equally reliable/durable.
  • Fenix is somewhat more reliable/durable than Olight.
  • Fenix is significantly more reliable/durable than Olight.
  • Don't know
When the results are tabulated, it is often useful to combine the tallies for "somewhat" and "significantly." The reason for offering both is to make it easier for someone to state a preference. Otherwise some will be reluctant to state categorically that one is better than the other.

By the way, I'm in the "I don't know" camp.

Last edited:

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast

Last edited:

KeepingItLight

Flashlight Enthusiast

True, indeed. In my short tenure at CPF, I have seen it more than once.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast

I don't own any Olight and only just recently bought a Fenix PD35 TAC so I can't contribute to this, but I have over the years dropped many of my lights (not like I've got jelly fingers) and they all seem fine. What I am trying to say is that impact ratings are pure BS and any lights made by any reputable makers should be able to sustain drops even from a 2 meters height. How it is dropped and which part it landed on may be more of a deciding factor on their durability and reliability. I hope I don't drop my PD35 TAC, but I am very sure it would survive the drop if it did.

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast

( First a genuine thank you to pj & lou for your participation, unfortunately this poll is obviously to complicated. )

.....Gordo swoops from nowhere and inserts a puppy.....

....Forrest makes an almost funny comment about "Computer problems please delete".....

......Someone mentions "oh no here we go again"....

....reported.....

....someone mentions how Forrests polls always suck....

.....someone laughs.....

.....Our New Admin Kerstel ( :thumbsup: Congrats! ) in his always friendly demeanor closes the thread as it has went to the dogs. Only this time he is mildly annoyed at the redundancy but mentions nothing because he is a cool guy and quietly locks the thread.....

Next time I'll make a preliminary poll, of a potential poll, of a poll Im thinking of, then run another preliminary poll, on how to properly implement polling options that accommodates all potential pollers polling preferences.

In short, If I made a poll Red VS Blue, someone would say it was invalid because I forgot purple.

No offense to anyone. I should have seen it coming.

Last edited:

KeepingItLight

Flashlight Enthusiast

( First a genuine thank you to pj & lou for your participation, unfortunately this poll is obviously to complicated. )

.....Gordo swoops from nowhere and inserts a puppy.....

....Forrest makes an almost funny comment about "Computer problems please delete".....

......Someone mentions "oh no here we go again"....

....reported.....

.....Our New Admin Kerstel ( :thumbsup: ) in his always friendly demeanor closes the thread as it has went to the dogs. Only this time he is mildly annoyed at the redundancy but says nothing because he is a cool guy and quietly locks the thread.....

Next time I'll make a preliminary poll, of an interest poll, and then run a preliminary poll poll on how to properly implement a poll that accomidates all potential pollers polling preferences.

In short, If I made a poll Red VS Blue, someone would say it was invalid because I forgot purple.

No offense to anyone. I should have seen it coming.

True, indeed. In my short tenure at CPF, I have seen it more than once.

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Computer problems please delete.

Dang, up an shot down before I could fire some flak.

I found that interesting, these are my two favorite OEM of lights, bar non.
Well if poll is closed, I don't have to pick a favorite between them.

Have a great day all!

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yeah, I thought it was straight forward enough, but if folks just want to come in and :toilet: in it, they are more than welcome, but Im not going to babysit the thread to keep it on topics so :poof: it.

That said, I would wager Fenix owners to Olight owners are 5 to 1. So the poll would be skewed anyway by default.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast

Seen on ComputerPowerForums:

Flashlight problems, please delete.

radiopej

Enlightened
I love both brands very much. While Olight has had great customer service when they broke or something went wrong, my Fenix lights have never broken down - except for tightening the tail cap on a PD32 UE 1 time. So while Olight is pretty good, it's my Fenix lights that I'd be more inclined to trust with hard use.

braddy

Enlightened
I'm a true believer in Fenix lights, but I bought an i6 Olight a few years ago, and love it.

All I can do is guess, but the Fenix LOD-CE on my key chain for six years, never glitched, or showed any signs of anything but being perfect, and is still one of my favorite lights, I only replaced it with a Fenix LOD-01, to upgrade to the new tech upgrades.

I keep buying Fenix lights to fill the various niches of light needs, and have total confidence in them.

My feeling is that Fenix is the most reliable.

Marfenix

Newly Enlightened
Discovered Fenix flashlights in 2008. Have been using them as EDC until June 2015 and never had a problem with any of them.
I bought an Olight S10R and Olight S10 Baton and have been using them as EDC. The biggest difference for me is the UI that I love, but the Olight S10R does give problems with recharging from time to time. Unscrewing the tailcap and putting it on and off a few times on the charger does fix the problem though.

kj2

Flashaholic
Think both are equal. As some of you may know, I started with Fenix since the first day as Flashaholic. Lately I'm more into Olight flashlights, but quality between these two companies are about the same.
Do have to say, Fenix wins most of the time with runtime. Olight wins with UI and available moonlight mode.