Very Weak output on UF 1405 What's Wrong?

RoyWalker

Newly Enlightened
I bought Ultra Fire 1405, $37, and have tried freshly charged Panasonic 18650's in it, but output is very weak.

Anyone know what could be wrong? Any suggestions? The out put should be much, much stronger... it acts like the batts are only about 20% charged.

RoyWalker

Newly Enlightened
Yes Eagle, supposed to be 5 modes, but only one works. It's supposed to be about the highest, most powerful zoomie there is. Great, solid
host, thing just doesn't work well. . . throws out about 100 lumens, supposed to be 1200. The magnifying lens is huge.
Any reason it might be stuck on the one low mode? It just won't cycle other modes.

Last edited:

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can you put a link to it? Do you think it might benefit from a good cleaning?

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
http://www.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_71429.html

Well, it's brand new BadBeams. fresh from the CHinee factory. ( I had to edit my last post, it IS supposed to be 5 modes, but only one mode is working.)

As you probably know often new lights need contact points cleaned. Threads, positive and negative batt points. I use WD-40 in a pinch. You might try that...but I question if that will help as you only are getting one mode of the 5...makes me think there could be another issue. You might want to return the light...a pain as they are in China...

RoyWalker

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll try cleaning though thinking something else is wrong. Probably costs almost the price to ship it back. May just have to eat it.

Nicolaas

Newly Enlightened
I don't want to spoil the fun but..........if your flashlight works in one mode only, and especially if that is the low mode (and it does NOT flicker on that mode) then I bet the driver is at fault.
Check all the electrical contacts, clean the threads and if it's still not ok......contact the seller.

Did you use paypal to pay?

Grtz
Nico