Maratac AAA pocket clip (need stronger)

fishx65

Enlightened
Has anyone ever found a nice strong pocket clip for the Maratac AAA lights? I like to clip mine to a ball cap for headlight duty and the stock clip ain't happening.

Tesla

Enlightened
Haven't tried it, but I suspect the clip from a Microstream would work. The clip is the most vulnerable part on the Maratac AAA. The flashlight itself has been bulletproof in my personal experience. The clip on mine broke within a year. I replaced it with a clip I had previously ordered from Brinkmann for an ARC AAA (that went belly-up).

fishx65

Enlightened
I just tried the very sturdy clip from one of my Hugsby XP-1's. It fits on the Martac head nice and tight but then I have to twist the body for off and on. I guess it will do for now cuz I was getting sick of it falling off my ball cap. Can't even count the number of times it fell off while climbing down from my tree stand!!!! I remember reading years ago that some were using a clip off a certain ink pen with good results.

rjking

Enlightened
Clip it into your ball cap in a way that the Maratac is sitting on top not under.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Clip it into your ball cap in a way that the Maratac is sitting on top not under.

I do put the light above the cap bill :). The clip still flies off if I try to twist the light head to change modes with one hand while on the hat.

My Olight i3s and Thrunite Ti3 have the same "quick release feature". The trick is not to twist the head with just one hand when clipped to the cap :). The lights stay on the hat just fine if I do not touch them.. the quick release is caused by "operation error" LOL