Rechargeable Light

Brobrady

Newly Enlightened
Which rechargeable light would you recommend?
I like the Nitecore MH1a. Any ideas?

Brobrady

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the help. Are there any down sides with the rechargeable lights?

snakyjake

Enlightened
I really like the idea of having a rechargeable light, believing I'll always have 100% of the battery capacity ready to go. When something goes bump in the night, I want to grab my light and go. I might only use it for a few minutes. Do this a few times, and those minutes add up, and I'll eventually have dead batteries, or I'll be switching batteries frequently. I rather not manage my lights, and don't think I need to with today's knowledge. Just have to convince designers to make it happen!

Downsides? I don't think there's a downside. With today's technology it shouldn't be any different than a cell phone.

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I only packed and ever used one light, these days, it'd be rechargeable. Plug an play.
Grab an go gear is win IMO.

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
Which rechargeable light would you recommend?I like the Nitecore MH1a. Any ideas?
My three fave USB rechargeables:
1.Nitecore P25 Smilodon (with two picatinny rails! :) )
2.Nitecore TubeVN (current boosted slightly.)
3.My Mophie 2 port USB power bank plus Soshine USB plugin light modules (simdx6, up to 1 watt, with touch-on touch-off, and touch-hold dimming.) Just got them in the mail and was up to 1:30 am this am playing with them, lost track of time. Having too much fun!

Those Soshine modules have a small plated hole in the end of the board, that's where you touch. Maker suggests you can put a keyring through the hole, we'll see how well that holds up. My suggestion is to get the warm version, the standard "white" is a bit too cold for me. Looks extremely moddable and there's no teardown. You're looking right at the components.

Of these 3 options, the TubeVN is the most portable. It goes on a belt carabiner, reach down and grab, quickdraw.
The Soshine USB is the most versatile indoors, they are 100% mule flood and don't reach out past a handful of yards.
The Smilodon is just plain fun. I added a Ka-bar "pistol bayonet" to one rail and a 5mw metal body laser sight to the other rail, just for fun. It's just to show people and make them double take and say "what the....?" :)

snakyjake

Enlightened
Also saw the Olight can charge from USB and use a cigarette lighter port from a vehicle.
But...I still refuse to buy a light that doesn't use an intuitive interface. I don't like multi-function buttons.