Brief Comparison of EagleTac XP-L HI Beams (T25C2 and G25C2)

thburns

Newly Enlightened
Here's some beamshots I took of the T25C2 and G25C2 beams, also compared with the T25C2 Triple Nichia and MX25L3C 6*Nichia. Also I'm just getting started taking these kind of pictures, so any feedback on the photos themselves would be helpful as well!

Comparision:

ppY8Ozu.gif

G25C2:

Xj0DEe4.gif

T25C2:

BkA1bpo.gif

thburns

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the kind words!

One thing I've noticed now on several flashlight reviews, is that instead of the different output levels being shown, the same output level of the light and any it's being compared to are taken with several different shutter speeds. Could someone explain the reasoning behind this, and do most people prefer to just see that instead of one photo of each output level?

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the kind words!

One thing I've noticed now on several flashlight reviews, is that instead of the different output levels being shown, the same output level of the light and any it's being compared to are taken with several different shutter speeds. Could someone explain the reasoning behind this, and do most people prefer to just see that instead of one photo of each output level?

to better show features of the hotspot is one reason. Another might be to more accurately represent what the reviewer saw.

markr6

Flashaholic
Very nice! I love my MX25L3C - beam, quality, tint, everything!

thburns

Newly Enlightened
to better show features of the hotspot is one reason. Another might be to more accurately represent what the reviewer saw.

Gotcha! I'll try to take some shots like that today then as well! Unfortunately, one of the things I bet a lot of people would like to see I can't cover, that being the difference between the XP-L HIs and the XP-L V5s/XM-L2 emitters.

thburns

Newly Enlightened
Very nice! I love my MX25L3C - beam, quality, tint, everything!

Thanks! The MX25L3C is easily one of my favorite lights since I got into everything these last couple months. I have the Nichia version of the D25LC2 as well, and that's one of my favorite EDC lights now.