Panasonic BQ-CC21 Manual/Instructions

MasamKilik

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum and have a quick question. Please direct me to the appropriate forum if this is the wrong place to post a charger question

Bought the BQ-CC21 Charger and it came with Japanese instructions. Does anyone have a .pdf or file with the english version?

If not, the main thing I need to know is what the LEDs mean.

Right out the box I put all for of the eneloop pro batteries in the charger and plugged it into the wall and all the LEDS flashed (green) for a second or so then turned steady green and stayed that way for 20 min or so.

So I assumed they were charged and green ment "done"?

Anyways I used it in my Canon Speedlite camera flash for a couple hours one evening and probably did 200+ full power flashes. I went home and plugged the batteries in the charger and in the wall, and ssame thing, flashed green for a couple seconds then turned steady green and stayed that way for 4 hours.

Does green mean it's charging then?

Ultimately, how do I know what the LEDs are telling me? Charged? Charging?...

Appreciate any direction on this.

Thank you

MasamKilik

Newly Enlightened
Thanks so much.

Also how hot should this charger and these batteries be during charging?

They are very very warm when I take them out?

Can I leave it plugged into the wall for 14 hours and will it stop charging? Or do I need to take them out soon after they are done?

zipplet

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also have one of these chargers.

Yes, it will stop charging once the batteries are full.

MasamKilik

Newly Enlightened
Awesome. Can this charger charge other rechargable Eneloop NiMH batteries (Not just the eneloop pro they came with)? Like the 2000x recharge ones?

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome. Can this charger charge other rechargable Eneloop NiMH batteries (Not just the eneloop pro they came with)? Like the 2000x recharge ones?

Yes it can. Any NiMH AA, or AAA battery should be fine. I think I read in the Japanese .pdf that it charges AAs at 4x550mA and AAAs at 4x275mA, FWIW.

Chris

Kouryu

Newly Enlightened
This charger is Japan market only. Thus, there are no English manuals or any other language for that matter.

As the others said:
-Green light = charging
-Flashing green light = charging problem/bad battery/alkaline
-No light = charge complete or bad contact made between battery and charger

This charger officially supports:
-All 3 types of Evolta
-All 4 types of Eneloop (Lite, regular, Plus, Pro)
-Of the above, in AA or AAA sizes

Charging 1 or 2 batteries will put this in "double speed" mode... it charges regular Eneloops in about 2 hours
Charging 3 to 4 batteries will charge at regular speed... it charges regular Eneloops in about 4 hours

The label at the back of the charger is all Japanese, but anyone should be able to notice by now that it says it supports 100V to 240V, so this means it can be used anywhere in the world with the appropriate plug adapter if necessary