Kmart had an LED light

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I just bought a 6 LED red light/flasher. It's made by Rayovac and it costs 6.99. It runs on 2 AAA batteries. It has 6 modes of flashing, always on, strobe, multiple strobe, etc... Seamed pretty bright when I tested in daylight in the parking lot. The package claims visibility to 2500 feet. It somes with a neon colored arm band and bike attachment.

Supposedly the light lasts 100 hours with alkaline batteries and it's water resistant.

Anyone else have this light.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Well.. I've had this light for a couple of weeks. And, I must say, it've very cool. Too bad they didn't use 6 super-whites in it. I mean, it's got a red reflector casing so it should case red light if the white LED's are shining thru it. Correct? And, the white LED's would give it a brighter appearance.

I don't dare take this apart. I'm still having fun with it.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by djharryg:
Well.. I've had this light for a couple of weeks. And, I must say, it've very cool. Too bad they didn't use 6 super-whites in it. I mean, it's got a red reflector casing so it should case red light if the white LED's are shining thru it. Correct? And, the white LED's would give it a brighter appearance.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, if you put white LEDs in it, you would get a distinctly pink output, and it would be a lot dimmer than you expect.

This is because white LEDs run somewhat poor in red wavelengths - add to that the red lens absorbs much of the LED's remaining output.
The end result is a dimmer reddish or pink colored light.

Best bet is to stick with those red LEDs.

http://ledmuseum.home.att.net

------------------

Latest posts