Super Bowl picks?

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm picking whoever survives the Indianapolis at New England AFC Championship. If the Colts, who are my pick, defeat the Patriots, they will slice and dice whoever comes out of the NFC, either Philly or Carolina.

The Colts are my pick; unfortunately. I am, however, rooting for the Pats! (Does ANYONE get more chicks than QB Tom Brady? After playing MVP centerfield for the Yankees, being Tom for one night in a Boston pub is my favorite sports fantasy to date.)

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Colts all the way there offence is unstoppable right now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Being from New England of course I am a Pats fan but if they lose then I will not root for the Colts. They are a franchise with a long, storied history in one city (think Johnny Unitas) that upped up and left town for another one. If the Patriots were to leave New England then I would root for them to lose every single game.

Saaby

Flashaholic
I pick Sierra Mist. Hopefully the one I pick will have a code for a free song under the cap. Lost? Get found.

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
GEE, geepondy, then you can't root for the Ravens (ex-Cleveland), Raiders (ex-Oakland, then LA), Rams (ex-LA), Chiefs (ex-Dallas{they were the Dallas Texans back then}[what goes around comes around, I guess]), Jets (ex-New York), Giants (also ex-New York), not to mention the Patriots (ex-Boston), Chargers (ex-LA also), Titans (ex-Houston), Cardinals (ex-St. Louis). Truth be told, the Eagles didn't start as the Eagles, (they were from Franklin and were the Hornets, I think).

Almost nobody likes it when a team moves, but if someone told you you would be able to double your value (in millions of dollars), make 2 or 3 times as much money and get a new multimillion dollar home, wouldn't you think REALLY hard about it?:)

Bill

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I see your point Bill and your football knowledge goes back further then my own. I just felt really bad for the Cleveland fans and football fans in general when Art Modell moved the Browns to Baltimore and then to add salt to the wound, they won the superbowl a couple of years later.

Sinjz

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Pats will kill the Colts in the freezing temps at Gilette Stadium. Panthers will beat up on McNabb and the Eagles. Super Bowl show down will be Patriots and Panthers. I'll pick the Patriots by 17. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
[ QUOTE ]
Sinjz said:
The Pats will kill the Colts in the freezing temps at Gilette Stadium. Panthers will beat up on McNabb and the Eagles. Super Bowl show down will be Patriots and Panthers. I'll pick the Patriots by 17. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
sadly i think it will be in the 3o,s gameday

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
30 degree temps at Gilette will be warm and balmy compared to the negative temps during the Titans game.

New England doesn't beat anyone by more than a few points (except the regulation crushing of the Bills in the last regular season game, 31-0). Their MO is to win by less than 7. Their entire streak is composed of those games. They don't put anyone away until the last play of the game.

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
Geepondy,

No problem, I hated it when the Colts moved, too. Johny U was my favorite NFL'er when I was growing up. I also felt bad when the Browns left.

Truth is, apart from the Packers, the FANS don't own the teams the owners do, and it is a very expensive business. They've got to go where the most money is, just like most businesses.

Bill

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Looks like the New England Patriots ("the Paits?") are the AFC team going to the Super Bowl this year.

The Eagles and Panthers are playing now, 0-0 in the 1st, to determine the NFC team going to the Super Bowl.

The only bowl game I really wanted to see was the Toliet Bowl (yes, it really does exist, in Memphis Tennessee!). It plays every Thanksgiving, and has for the last 28 years or so. But it's not televised here (not on non-cable channels anyway), so I never got to see it.

Back to the subject at hand...still no score in the 1st quarter in the Eagles/Panthers game.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Ok, it's 7-3 Carolina near halftime.

(Edit)
Now it's 14-3 Carolina with about 10 minutes to go in the 4th.

(Edit)
Still 14-3 Carolina at the 2-minute warning.

Looks like it'll be the Panthers and the Paits at the Superbowl.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not this year but they played a few teams tough. I would not feel bad at all to see Cleveland in a Superbowl as I posted previously, I felt really bad when the Browns left town for Baltimore.

Sinjz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Go up about and 8 or 9 posts and re-read my predictions. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I believe I was the only one here that got it right. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Anyway, the Colts aren't a tough team and lost in large part because they could not handle the cold and wet conditions. Marvin Harrison had 3 catches for 19 yards and fumbled? Peyton got nothing going and Edge is NOT back.

In the other game, the Eagles loss because McNabb IS overrated. I'm not saying he sucks, but he's not THAT good. Everybody likes to blame his receivers, etc.... but his passes are not usually on target.

I'm sticking with my prediction, Pats by 17 over the Panthers. Matchup's favor the Pats and Super Bowl's are usually blow-outs. Wish I had more disposable cash. I'd be betting on these games and would take my winnings to the flashlight store. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Banshee

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Sinjz said:
Go up about and 8 or 9 posts and re-read my predictions. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I believe I was the only one here that got it right. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Anyway, the Colts aren't a tough team and lost in large part because they could not handle the cold and wet conditions. Marvin Harrison had 3 catches for 19 yards and fumbled? Peyton got nothing going and Edge is NOT back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell... Ty Law of the Patriots caught that many passes from Peyton Manning tonight !! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Go Pats..go Pats