ARC 4+ Arrival

Status
Not open for further replies.

terrybright

Newly Enlightened
The Fedex man just came with my production model Arc 4+, #0346. It worked perfectly out of the bag even though it was bitter cold (It is +2 degrees here). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif For those who are curious, the clip came unattached. I will leave it that way.
Terry F

terrybright

Newly Enlightened
I don't have an LSH-P so I cant answer that question but I do have an LSH-L and I can say that the beam is MUCH nicer (whiter and more lumens,especially notable in the spill) on the default brighest setting. The tail switch is a little stiffer but I don't know whether or not this is just a "breaking-in" issue. The operation is, of course, much more complex. It did not come with the Advanced Instructions so those must be downloaded from that thread. These are some aspects of programming Brightness Level that I have not yet mastered but I will address that in a separate post. Terry F

jpeg

Enlightened
Terry:
George and I wrote simulators to help people learn the ARC4's.

Please check out the sims, and see if that helps...
Any report on inconsistencies from what acutally happens on the flashlight would be awesome... We designed them in close communication with Peter, but without actually having used one ourselves...

Thanks,
-J

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
Terry we need info. You are just teasing us. For comparision, tell us what beam is equivilant to the LSH-L that you have...is it Primary setting 5,6,7 etc.

What other lights do you have? How is the throw compared to the other lights? What about sidespill? etc.

Spill the beams man.

Oh by the way....CONGRATS!!

terrybright

Newly Enlightened
cue003 - I can't give you a very precise answer because my LSH-L and Arc 4+ beams are quite different. The 4+ has a substantially wider spill. The eye is not a very good integrating system so I can only guess that level 2 (or maybe 3) in the 4+ might be equivalent to to the LSH-L. You will need to wait for the serious testers who have ways of actually measuring luminance to get a good answer. As far as throw is concerned there is a "temporary test ban" here in Rochester because we have lots of snow and the sun is out. Until night arrives there is no available source of darkness other than a tiny cubbyhole. - Terry F

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
No more excuses Terry!!!

Close up your mansion of a house, put blankets over the windows and doors and find the longest hallway and take some beamshots......

Get to work man.

Just kidding...I look forward to hearing more when nightfall is upon us.

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
The FedEx man has brought mine also the basic functions are great I don't have a clue about the advanced stuff yet. The beam is very tight and bright next to my modded KL1 Q3 at 1A with Fraen optics the hot spot of the L4 is tighter and brighter the KL1 is a bit whiter. I do not know what the setting are set at from the factory?

carmel

Newly Enlightened
I received my new Arc4+ several hours ago; after dark, I will compare the beams with my LSH-P and LSHF-P. My initial impression is that level 2 is brighter than the LSH-P, but I'll confirm tonight.

I had some trouble in the brightness menu at first; it was interpreting my "clicks" as "presses," and it was very frustrating. I finally figured out that by a "click", it really wants something VERY quick. . . a millisecond's hesitation and it sets the new setting.

carmel

carmel

Newly Enlightened
Another observation: there are 16 distinct brightness levels on my Arc4, not 15 as I thought (I counted them three times in the Brightness Menu, and with each click there was a distinct change). Has Peter gone back to his original idea of 1-15 + boost, or is it 0-15? Not important, obviously

carmel

JohnJ80

Enlightened
Bum-mer! I couldn't wait so I ordered one last nite. Got really excited because the website said that there were in stock. Called today to see when it will ship - turns out the web is wrong and end of the month is it.

J

Status
Not open for further replies.