Olight m2x-ut question

Swamplite

Newly Enlightened
After doing a lot of research I have come to the conclusion that the Olight m2x-ut is the best bang for the buck if you want to have a super thrower using one 18650.I was just about to click the buy button and I started thinking about what appears to be a super warm tint.I usually prefer cool tints and after watching several Utube videos I can't make up my mind if the tint is too warm for my liking.Some of the videos were not the best quality and it was hard to determine the true tint.I can live with a little warm but some of the videos made the beam look very yellow.For those that actually own and use the m2x what is your opinion?

netprince

Enlightened
I have the m2x-ut, it came with a pretty green tint. The yellow/green tint is a result of the de-doming procedure. The de-domed LED gives much better throw.

I think I read somewhere the newer ones have different LEDs than the original (no longer needing to be de-domed?), so perhaps they aren't as yellow/green as the earlier versions were?

mikeyx

Enlightened
I have one and would consider the tint neutral leaning toward warm. Very slightly yellow. Mine is de-domed.

Like you, I prefer compact throwers that use one 18650 as opposed to several. The M2X-UT is perfect for me and mine has an absolutely perfectly shaped beam.

You might also consider the new M23. Less throw, but more compact and definitely a much more cool tint.

Mike

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ive got both the M2X and M3X both beams are indeed near halogen yellow. Your not going to see many de domes with a cool tint. Gotta add though my new ET G25C2 MkII XP-L HI has a true cool tint its the coolest dedomed tint Ive yet seen. But when it comes to bang for the buck the Javelots cannot be beaten they are the lasers that Dr Evil wanted sharks to have on their friggin heads they are truly amazing

Swamplite

Newly Enlightened
Ok...I have talked myself out of buying the M2X.I really didn't need it and my Nitecore EA41 probably has all the throw I will ever need.It's hard being a Flashaholic.

UnderPar

Enlightened
I have both the Nitecore EA41 and the Olight M2X-UT. For me, you cannot compare both in terms of throw since EA41 is not really a thrower. M2X-UT is really the best bang for the buck thrower... You can still make up your mind...:naughty:

Swamplite

Newly Enlightened
I agree 100 % Underpar.The EA41 is not considered a thrower but it does put out a lot of light to about 300 meters and with these tired old eyes it probably outshines my ability to see that far.If I bought every light I get excited about I would be living in a box under some bridge.:broke:

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
the EA41 is a great light with about every bell and whistle you can think of. It is indeed throw oriented. In the "stubby" class most of which I own its the Sunwayman D40A and Jetbeam SRA40 that throw the farthest. If I could only have one of those lights itd be the D40A.

Swamplite

Newly Enlightened
I looked real hard at the D40A but the EA41 had a little better run time according the specs and that why I chose it.Both are great little fat flash lights.You couldn't go wrong with either one.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
although its down in actual output vs its competition the EA41 is still a more compact and great light. Highly recommend the expense of Eneloop Pros. Learn to lock out the EA41 when you are not using it and they hold their charge for freaking ever

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Something else will come along. The tint you want with good throw can be achieved. About six weeks ago I picked up an Olight M2X-UT for a good price. With the addition of a one-half minus green LEE Filter, it is Very compatible with a triple Nichia ~5000K P60 dropin: No joke. And the throw is abundant. The NiteCore TM36 has more throw than I need (have yet to use an optic) and the tint is on the cool side of neutral, with virtually no green (stock emitter).

Incidentally, I grew up an hour north of NOLA: Just wondering where you are.

Latest posts