Mouse over image to zoom ArmyTek-Viking-PRO-v3-Cree-XP-L...........Rubbish?

Stigand

Newly Enlightened
Guys I recently bought the above to mount on a heavy recoiling rifle, I carefully read specs and noted the 1270lm and 370m range but particulatly the 9 metre hotspot at 100m which is pretty much my maximum night shooting range. I purchased it from a Hong Kong dealer I have used a lot for Fenix without problems. Anyway at 50m no hotspot is visible and although animal eyes show at 100m the lighting is a wishy washy flood making target identification difficult. Does anyone own one of these new Viking V3? Have I got a a fake? Happy to post pictures I have lurked on your forum for many years and are constantly amazed at the information available. Thanks.

monanza

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have v3 but haven't tried it yet at long distances. I can tell you that at a distance of about 10 meters I see three regions: a well defined hotspot surrounded by a bright larger spot (about 4x diameter of the center spot) and finally the spill. Nine meters seems reasonable based on my crude measurements at 10 meters. I won't have a chance to test at 50 or 100 meters but I'll be sure to post when I do. Sorry I can't be more help at this time.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
You should have waited for the XP-L HI version. It should throw well for it's physical dimensions.

Latest posts