Where do I buy a ARC AAA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffrey

Newly Enlightened
Seems like alot of web sites are out of stock . Where can I pick one up at a reasonable price say less than $25?

Wingerr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jeffrey,
If you haven't already found it and still want one, I have a spare one for $22 + shipping, in the original style (genuine ziplock baggie packaging! )

ArcAAAa_sm.jpg

Wingerr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I thought I'd return the favor for his heads up on the solutionscatalog deal /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif; let's see what he says, I guess..

wetdog1911

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
fuelblender said:
Jeff,

Try the ARC website! An ARC AAA is currently on sale for
$24.95. A good flashlight for the price, trust me.

Dave

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds good until you see the 5 week backlog. I use my ARC AA 15-20 times/day at work, but reaching into your pocket with inky hands (I'm a printer) gets to be a hassle. I need a AAA to hang around my neck. The AA is a bit heavy after 10 hrs or so for that duty. Bought 5 for Christmas gifts last year, then just found out my wife gave hers away as a birthday gift! I could have choked her! Now, when I need one.... Grrrrrr

Rob

paulr

Flashaholic
Wetdog, the Arc AAA is by far the nicest keychain light, but there are lots of other lights that work perfectly well on a neck lanyard. CMG Sonic (similar to Arc AAA), PT Blast (a bit bigger and a lot brighter), the Arc AA you already have or another one like it, CMG Infinity Ultra, UKE 2AAA (eLED or xenon), or maybe a squeeze-type light if you don't want to turn a twist bezel with ink on your hands. Heck, the AA or Ultra will stay lit through a whole shift on a NiMH AA cell, so you can just leave it running and mostly avoid getting gunk on it from turning it on and off, and drop the cell into the charger at the end of the day.

NoShadow

Enlightened
I would second the CMG Sonic as an alternative. The ARC-AAA is fine piece of work, no question, but the Sonic is also a dependable emitter of light. You wouldn't be disappointed with it when you need illumination.

Kitchener

Newly Enlightened
Didn't I read a while back someone was taking the Streamlight Keymate and modding them to a VERY bright luxeon? "Turbomate" or something? Sounds like the hook-up (or not, as it certainly has no cult status).

Wingerr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't forget the Dorcy AAA for bang/buck ratio- the local Walmart had a boatload of them on the rack for the first time I've seen, so it looks like they've ramped up production or something..

Lukejt

Newly Enlightened
Well, I ordered one here a couple days ago. Hope it's in stock, it didn't say it wasn't, and I never got an email stating it was backordered.

Arc AAA

$1.50 shipping.

I'll post back when it arrives.

Lukejt

PeLu

Flashlight Enthusiast
printer\'s light

[ QUOTE ]
wetdog1911 said:
I need a AAA to hang around my neck.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I would have to have a light hanging in front of me, I would choose a SwissLight, it is not heavier than an ArcAAA and it recharges itself all the time. But you have to be happy with the light output.

I would wear a headlight in your case (with a proximity sensor)

Sorry for OT .-) but wasn't there an Arc headlight talked about....

Lukejt

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
s2k said:
before you buy from Vicomptel, consider this post:

HERE

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Great. Let's hope they ship mine out. Perhaps I'll give them a call on Monday.

Lukejt

Lukejt

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
illmatic416 said:
On Vicomptel's main Arc page, it says the following:

"NOTE:

STARTING NOV. 7TH, 2003

Arc-Flashlight items purchased on the website will only be shipped internationally. All domestic orders please refer to www.arcflashlight.com for your purchase needs."

http://www.vicomptel.com/arclights/index.htm

I hope it works out for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL.

That makes a bunch of sense. I used Google until I found what I thought was a shop with Arc AAAs in stock. I saw no mention of international orders only on the Arc AAA page, and the shipping section should have sorted my order from the international orders. Shoot. Well, I'll give them a few days to figure it out and refund the money if this is the case.

Thanks for the info.

I would've ordered from Arc. In fact, I even tried to purchase one figuring they would ship one when they were back in stock, but I was unable to add one to the cart. Should have just stuck to Ebay huh? Only saw one premium on Ebay, and figured I'd save the $10.

I purchase stuff online all the time, and didn't even think I had to research the store to buy a tiny little flashlight. What a bummer.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Lukejt

ChocolateLab33

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an AAA for sale, brand new in the original package but I am asking what I paid for it on Ebay. $51. If interested, let me know.

PluckyPleco

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
ChocolateLab33 said:
I am asking what I paid for it on Ebay. $51.

[/ QUOTE ]

Choke, cough, cough, sputter. Oh wow.

That makes those multipack specials from last Christmas quite a bargin!

I'm going to get out of the stock market and into Arc Flashlights!

Plec

Status
Not open for further replies.