How to get trit installed in Haiku

astewartconst

Newly Enlightened
Can anyone recommend a reputable person to install some trits in my Haiku?

Thanks for any information

Ladd

Enlightened
Thanks. I emailed Jeff no response yet but it has only been 2 days

.......August vacations maybe. He will get to you.

Question: where were you visualizing the trits? I am thinking 6 trits in the tail would look good without detracting form the overall terrific looks of the Haiku. Don't forget to post pictures of the completed light if you go through with this.

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
The way I see this, is you almost have to know a machinist. A shop does not want to risk a mistake on an expensive light.

It would be cool, but if you EDC. It, Norland is hard and can crack, then the vials crack. This happened to me on a bead. However, if is is an around the house light, then go for it.

I have many things with the slots in them, I just don't fill them so I can carry it. Now, the replacement Trit vial in the bead has been banged up because I used industrial grade clear silicone glue, which won't crack and resists all the movement so the vial has not broken again at least in my application.

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
Thanks for your input. I do carry the Haiku as edc
Regular EDC no, in the breast pocket of your tux to liven up boring dinner conversation, that should be ok, nothing to rough. At least that is what I think. I wish they were tougher and I would have them on everything.

But, you could always try one on your Haiku, it is just locating someone to do it.

H-nu

Enlightened
Jeff can definitely do it. I think the Haiku can fit 30 1.5x5mm trits. Get in contact with Egrep as well if you can't get hold of Jeff. Egrep is Jeff's representative and customer service is his specialty.