Flashlight Enthusiast
hywrG5x.gif

i still don't know what to think of the user-interface:

-short press (<1.5s) is momentary. always defaults to max
->1.5s for constant on
-double click at either on/off to get strobe

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe for LEO's it would be a option. Strobe isn't too popular with me. Plus, I never understood the idea behind Silent switches. It like if they are close enough to hear it click, chances are they are gonna see your light! I just never really got that. I am sure there is some good reason thought, I am just ignorant of.

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
For me the benefit of a silent switch is for a moon mode light I can use round the house at night not waking up anyone with what can seem like a very loud click from some lights. However, a forward clicky used with a half press, or a twisty are silent anyway.

If I were using a light 'tactically' a normal forward clicky would do it for me.

Curious to see what Klarus have done with that switch, as the image suggests it does move a bit.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe for LEO's it would be a option. Strobe isn't too popular with me. Plus, I never understood the idea behind Silent switches. It like if they are close enough to hear it click, chances are they are gonna see your light! I just never really got that. I am sure there is some good reason thought, I am just ignorant of.

Ignorant indeed, seeing how only four simple conditions would have to be met before this combination of features, "straight-2-strobe" plus silent tactical activation, starts coming in super handy:

If (i) at least one, but fewer than all of your assailants are blind; and (ii) at least one, but fewer than all are also deaf; and (iii) not all of those who are blind are also deaf; and (iv) every assailant is at least either blind or deaf, then you could potentially disorient some of those who can see, without disclosing your location to all of the ultra hearing-enhanced blind.

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ignorant indeed, seeing how only four simple conditions would have to be met before this combination of features, "straight-2-strobe" plus silent tactical activation, starts coming in super handy:

If (i) at least one, but fewer than all of your assailants are blind; and (ii) at least one, but fewer than all are also deaf; and (iii) not all of those who are blind are also deaf; and (iv) every assailant is at least either blind or deaf, then you could potentially disorient some of those who can see, without disclosing your location to all of the ultra hearing-enhanced blind.

:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

Raysbeam

Enlightened
To be honest none of the Klarus line of lights that I seen at Canada's wild outdoor expo had my attention other then the XT11 until I held it and tried it out, the plastic cigar ring screamed cheap to me and the flickering in the beam I could see when shining on the palm of my hand. I looked at the rest of the products they had and then walked away shocked at the gouging Tactical innovations Canada was charging for them. $146CAD for the XT11 is a bit much Fenix was there selling the TK16 for $85CAD. Which felt like a quality product.

lumen aeternum

Enlightened
Just got two of these for $25 each on sale. For that money I can stick them in the cars and have a 800Lm light with CR123A batteries.

This is not a useful self-defense light. It takes too long to turn the light OFF. A real tactical light has a switch that turns off IMMEDIATELY.

GoingGear.com

Enlightened
To be honest none of the Klarus line of lights that I seen at Canada's wild outdoor expo had my attention other then the XT11 until I held it and tried it out, the plastic cigar ring screamed cheap to me and the flickering in the beam I could see when shining on the palm of my hand. I looked at the rest of the products they had and then walked away shocked at the gouging Tactical innovations Canada was charging for them. $146CAD for the XT11 is a bit much Fenix was there selling the TK16 for $85CAD. Which felt like a quality product.

They must have had really old stock. The ring on the XT11 has been metal for probably two years now. Retail on it is $69.95 USD, so yeah, that's quite a gouging.

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast

The reason for having a silent switch, is just in case a law enforcement officer is chasing blind suspects who may be tipped off by the clicking sound of the switch being turned on, but unable to see the sudden beam of light due to blindness. Make sense now? Apparently it's a much more common scenario than we are aware of......

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast

See? ^^It IS a much more common occurance, proven by the fact that I wasn't the only one who pointed it out.

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use my silent switch thrunite scorpion for switching from low to moonlight out side the kids room to then walk in and check on them at night, then going back to low when im clear of the room.
Very tactical !

You can navigate a corridor ( or my house ) on moon light which cant be seen round the corners then when at the door silently switch it off . Hmm maybe over the top but its another option some people may find useful. I know when I tactically go to bed late, switching a clicky off as my head hits the pillow will disturb the misses where as the moonlight im using does not.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Y'all are too funny.
I can see the need for silent "Tactical Tucking" with the kids. Of course a twisty would also suffice in these, sounds matter mission critical, Active Sleeper scenarios.

I actually googled "Silent Flashlight Switch Saves Lives & saved my life". I am having a hard time finding any stories with definitive proof. Which should be easy, being as I believe everything I read.
Off to try Bing.

Seriously: This thread is almost a year old. The OP posted and never returned to comment. I wonder, why no love for: Why no love? Atleast it is a fun read.