Nice little SF surprise last night

hcd615

Enlightened
So I was going thru an old bag and I say a Ripoff holster. I opened the holster and found a mint SF L1 Lumamax (believe Gen 6, has flat lens). Wow, lit right up as all SF lights do. I may start to carry this for EDC. I love the UI with the ½ press LOW and full press HIGH. I think it is 10 lumens (low / 16hrs) and 65 lumens (high / 1.5 hrs). I am now going to change the clip to a SF 2 way pocket clip.

hcd615

Enlightened
Just changed the clip, not sure if I am going to keep it on even though it is much nicer to use then the original short clip because the clip is rubbing the knurling on the tailcap when it is rotated.

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice! I'd call that the equivalent of a classic car "barn find" :thumbsup:

edited to add: and you're right - that is a gen 6 L1. I've been meaning to try to track down a new EB1/E1DL clip for it, since it is longer than what you have (which appears to be a E1B clip), but I'm concerned about rubbing on the anno as well.

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the original short clip, put a trit in the little slot on it....

I've got ~3 or 4 L1s, one of which was modded to run on an AA. Will never sell that one or the Milky "Tiger" - I believe that is the milky L1 head I kept out of the 3 or 4 I had...

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
I have several editions of the L1 including the original, and I like the one you found, that is still a great light and very useful. Nice find...you are getting like me, I feel I have too many things and am trying thin everything down a bit.

I a bunch of Benchmade original knives I forgot about in the safe in their original boxes from the late 1990s never used.

hcd615

Enlightened
Now that I have been EDC'ing the L1 for the past few days, does everyone keep the lanyard clip ring on the tailcap so the groove isn't exposed? I was thinking of maybe somehow getting rid of the loop on the one side of the plastic ring and smoothing out the ring and just keep it on the tailcap to fill the open groove.

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now that I have been EDC'ing the L1 for the past few days, does everyone keep the lanyard clip ring on the tailcap so the groove isn't exposed? I was thinking of maybe somehow getting rid of the loop on the one side of the plastic ring and smoothing out the ring and just keep it on the tailcap to fill the open groove.

GREAT FIND! One of the all-time greatest Surefires. Mine is my EDC, but oddly enough I left it home today and stuck my LX2 in my pocket.

To your question, I leave the lanyard ring groove in the tailcap open, but I have a black rubber O-ring in the groove at the base of the head.

L1_zpsf5742c56.jpg

Last edited: