Bronte

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks little like Olight and new Fenix all mixed together.
Second company I've noticed that from recently.
Not saying anything, just observing.

kj2

Flashaholic
Well new.. I know for about a year, year and a half, that Bronte exist. Most likes look like copies of others, IMO.

Dubois

Enlightened
Bronte aren't exactly new kids on the block. I bought a RA03 penlight direct from Bronte in May 2012. Nice little light, and it's still going strong.

staghater

Newly Enlightened
I know 3-4 years for them...
as far as copying goes thrunite is king of copy cats...ever...:barf:

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love your evidence based approach.:crackup:

Yeah....LOL.... I was rather thorough on that one.... But to add a little context, I've seen them around, and they look like copies of mainstream lights....just never dove into the specs or anything. Ever see a what a Ford Fusion looks like nowadays? I don't need to read Car & Driver to tell
it looks like a very slow Aston Martin..... ( Although Ford owned Aston @ the time, but thats for a different forum...)

Last edited:

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Never paid much attention. I'll add them to my thief list.

If so, isn't this just one Chinese manufacturer pirating ideas from another Chinese manufacturer? Do we care? As the saying goes, there's no honor among thieves. :shrug:

Last edited:
Looks like just another copycat. How do these "companies" work, I wonder... Do they all buy crap from the same factory and sell it under different brands? Are there different factories making stuff from the same designs?

wjv

Enlightened
Not sure I buy the 280 Lumens for 4.5H claim on 1xCR123

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
If so, isn't this just one Chinese manufacturer pirating ideas from another Chinese manufacturer? Do we care? As the saying goes, there's no honor among thieves. :shrug:

Im actually starting to care now looking more at an original manufacture like FENIX and OLIGHT then seeing them ripped off by a handful of other companies.

I agree about the thief part, but there are a few Chinese brands that are original and we should stand up for them with our wallets and not feed the thief machine, USA made or not. These companies support plenty US jobs regardless of COMF, not to mention OLIGHT has many roots to USA ownership.

For the life of me I can't figure out why so many CPF folk ( generally honest folks ) turn a blind eye to this? Grow a set, spend a few bucks more for a better light and pick up something from a reputable manufacturer. Maybe we should start a list of shame for copy cat manufacturers?

Last edited:

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like just another copycat. How do these "companies" work, I wonder... Do they all buy crap from the same factory and sell it under different brands? Are there different factories making stuff from the same designs?

No way is the likes of Olight and Fenix moonlighting these brands. These are straight up low quality ripoffs.

Like I said I hope Olight / Fenix has some sort of recourse being that the brands are over seas. it would make sense to me even if there wasn't there must be some legal recourse once they hit stateside and are openly sold?

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Im actually starting to care now looking more at an original manufacture like FENIX and OLIGHT then seeing them ripped off by a handful of other companies.

I agree about the thief part, but there are a few Chinese brands that are original and we should stand up for them with our wallets and not feed the thief machine, USA made or not. These companies support plenty US jobs regardless of COMF, not to mention OLIGHT has many roots to USA ownership.

For the life of me I can't figure out why so many CPF folk ( generally honest folks ) turn a blind eye to this? Grow a set, spend a few bucks more for a better light and pick up something from a reputable manufacturer. Maybe we should start a list of shame for copy cat manufacturers?

Thanks, that's very good to know.