HID kit

Blueknight

Newly Enlightened
I am planing on modifying my professional's choice 20m spotlight to hid toward the beginning of the month. I was wondering if I bought the 100w kit and a 75w bulb,would the 75w bulb take 80+watts the 100w kit puts out?

Blueknight

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the reply,but the bulb life will be shorter by how much? Is it worth it to use a 75w bulb in a 100w kit or just stick with a 75w kit? I am planning on using the 4300k color bulb,so if the bulb will be warmer in a 100w kit,it would make it more yellow in color?

FRITZHID

Flashlight Enthusiast
For a spotlight, I'd say go for it. In a car, where life expectancy should be/needs to be high, no..... in a spotlight, the hrs/calendar time are allot lower. I do this regularly. Loss May be 10%, but I suspect lower, and in the lifetime hrs of a spotlight, ...... I doubt you'd notice.

Blueknight

Newly Enlightened
1 more question. I have never bought a hid kit off of ebay,which is where I plan on buying it and since most if not all are from China or Hong Kong,will there be any customs charge? I'm in the US.

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
It better not be a "slim" ballast for either 75 or 100 watts, and it had better have some seriously tall heatsink fins too. Otherwise, it wont last long or the wattage is greatly inflated.
even a 50 watt ballast should have some decent heatsink fins.

Latest posts