Received ARC4 #0017 - Initial Observations

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuelblender

Enlightened
Received my ARC4 #0017 flashlight today. Observations:

1) Cosmetically perfect; came with installed battery and clip detached and placed in it's own bag w/screws. LEXAN lens was protected with poly disk.

2) Light works well; brightness appears to exceed my ARC LSH-P #958 in beam quality and whiteness; unfortunately I don't have the capability to capture and display any beamshots.

3) The end of the clip does not meet the body of the flashlight after installation. A 3/32" gap exists. Because of this minor flaw, I won't utilize this clip /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif. I installed the screws to keep it from rolling off sloped surfaces. For those who are wondering, the tapped holes for the clip are ~5 mm. deep.

4) Have not experimented with any of the advanced settings yet.

5) Overall, I'm quite pleased with this product; Peter and his team deserve a round os applause!

Dave

Geode

Enlightened
Hi Dave,

Thanks for your impressions. It would seem that the clip could be tweaked a little so that it was as close to the body of the flashlight as you wanted. I have done this with clips on knives made from titanium and spring steel.

fuelblender

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Geode said:
Hi Dave,

Thanks for your impressions. It would seem that the clip could be tweaked a little so that it was as close to the body of the flashlight as you wanted. I have done this with clips on knives made from titanium and spring steel.

[/ QUOTE ] Thanks for the tip Geode; it worked! Initially I tried this, but I didn't want to apply too much force (I've broken clips before doing this very thing). You saved the day - now I won't have any bitter tears when I lay my head on the pillow tonight!

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrates on your light. I also apreciate your impressions.

you say that the Arc4 is only "slightly" brighter than your LSH-P.... how does it compare for throw?

fuelblender

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
cue003 said:
you say that the Arc4 is only "slightly" brighter than your LSH-P.... how does it compare for throw?

[/ QUOTE ]I think the throw is better; on the secondary default setting (#5), it clearly lights the top of a 30 foot(estimated)tree. OUTSTANDING. At setting 5, it's perfect for walking the dog at night to see if she does "what comes natural."

fuelblender

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
CiTY said:
Side by side Beam shots with other lights?

[/ QUOTE ]Sorry CiTY, but I mentioned previously that I don't have the capability to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.