EagleTac MX25L3/SX25L3 Kit questions

saypat

Enlightened
Hello. Looking at getting me the MX25L3C Kit version. For those who have the Kit, are the filters ok? For inside use what kind of light do they throw? Like the yellow one, or green? Would this be nice on tailstand with say a green filter, would it light up a room?

Also curious as to the tint of the Nichia version. Selfbuilt said it was on the 'rosy' side. Another mentioned it was more of a 'tan'.

really looking for helpful answers to go ahead, or not with, a purchase.

thank you...

patrick

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the Sx25l2t with the filters and the light is still plenty bright. The beam pattern does not change with the color filters installed, only the diffuser. As for tail standing in a room I prefer to use the diffuser for a soft white light but the green and yellow will do the job with no problem. I have actually found the yellow lens to be a better use in the snow. I still have as much output with the yellow as I do without but it cuts through falling snow so much better as well as giving more contrast to things in the snow.Hope I answered your questions regarding the filters, if not then ask again and I will try my best to help. I love my Sx25l2t but the new gx30l2dr is really tempting me to sell mine and m0 buy it.

markr6

Flashaholic
I love my MX25L3C Nichia. Very nice tint and I would agree with the rosy comments. I see that as a positive aspect. If you compare it with a "standard" LED you'll definitely see how nice the Nichia makes everything look.

I wish I got the kit version simply for the diffuser. Since I did not, I will never be able to do any better than a DIY version :(

Since many vendors are flushing out the "old" models, you can get even the kit version at a great deal.

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Compared to a cool white light the Nichia version will definitely look rosy, but compared to a warmer source it will seem more pale. That is the nature of CCT, but the hi CRI of the Nichia version is wonderful for those of us who are picky about these things. The diffuser and filters are nice to have and so is the stainless bezel. I had the MX25L3C with Nichia 219, MX25L3 with MT-G2, and also the SX25L3 with MT-G2. My favorite was the Nichia model as the MT-G2 tint was a little too cool for me. However, the MT-G2 tint was nice and most people would like it I would guess.

AB8XL

Enlightened
The only negative I find with the filters is that the threaded ring is plastic instead of aluminum, other than that it's an awesome light.

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Markr6 if you email illumination gear they might be able to order you the threaded bezel and diffuser by themselves, it's worth getting in my opinion. I use the my Sx25l2t with the diffuser on more than I do without it because I love the smooth wall of light it creates with no hotspot

markr6

Flashaholic
Markr6 if you email illumination gear they might be able to order you the threaded bezel and diffuser by themselves, it's worth getting in my opinion. I use the my Sx25l2t with the diffuser on more than I do without it because I love the smooth wall of light it creates with no hotspot

Oh yeah I forgot that was removable! I actually had to take it off once to dry it out...fog under the lens from putting it under water too long.

Thanks!

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have not had trouble with mine fogging but I did notice my bezel did not hold by lens tight and it would rattle a bit. I took a piece of cotton string and cut to where it was just long enough to go around the inside of the bezel and it fixed the rattle. The lens is now held very tight by the bezel and I can get it tighten a lot better. Might be worth trying on yours as an added seal.

markr6

Flashaholic
I literally went swimming in the lake with mine. While rated IPX-8, I still think an actual dive light is the only reasonable thing to take in this case. So I won't hold them at fault. I didn't see water actually inside. It was probably just enough moisture to pass thru the o-ring to fog it up just a little.

saypat

Enlightened
I love my MX25L3C Nichia. Very nice tint and I would agree with the rosy comments. I see that as a positive aspect. If you compare it with a "standard" LED you'll definitely see how nice the Nichia makes everything look.

I wish I got the kit version simply for the diffuser. Since I did not, I will never be able to do any better than a DIY version :(

Since many vendors are flushing out the "old" models, you can get even the kit version at a great deal.

Yes, $114 for the Kit version. Thanks for your reply.

saypat

Enlightened
Thank you Tac for your reply about the filters! Looking forward to using them now.

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
saypat, all of my Nichia 219 lights have had similar tint. The hi CRI Nichia 219 lights have had the most consistent tint of any emitters I have ever used. That isn't to say that there aren't variations but mine have been very consistent. The MX25L3C Nichia 219 model I had was the same tint as the drop-in you bought, with much greater output of course.

saypat

Enlightened
saypat, all of my Nichia 219 lights have had similar tint. The hi CRI Nichia 219 lights have had the most consistent tint of any emitters I have ever used. That isn't to say that there aren't variations but mine have been very consistent. The MX25L3C Nichia 219 model I had was the same tint as the drop-in you bought, with much greater output of course.

Hi Mr.Tone. I purchased an S3 Triple with Nichia 219B from you if I'm not mistaken. Carclo Optics. The tint on it is gorgeous, my favorite! Such a great beam also, NO hotspot which I love. The MX25L3C will have a hotspot unfortunately. Are u saying that both of these lights have the same tint? Because there is no 'rosy' at all in the S3 you sold me, as far as I can tell.

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Mr.Tone. I purchased an S3 Triple with Nichia 219B from you if I'm not mistaken. Carclo Optics. The tint on it is gorgeous, my favorite! Such a great beam also, NO hotspot which I love. The MX25L3C will have a hotspot unfortunately. Are u saying that both of these lights have the same tint? Because there is no 'rosy' at all in the S3 you sold me, as far as I can tell.

Yes, they were the same tint. The Eagletac will have a hotspot and the beam actually seems like a traditional flashlight beam unless you are holding it really close to something, like a couple inches. You can use the diffuser to get rid of the hotspot for the most part. Oh, you have the Convoy, I was thinking you had the triple Nichia drop-in from IS. Yes, the tint was the same on all those for me.