HDS LED Swap; Question Rephrased ...

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you were thinking about doing a (cool white) LED swap in your HDS. Which LED would you consider installing in it, and why?

Thanks,

Pops

Last edited:

Croquette

Enlightened
Re: HDS LED Swap

I don't know if that can help you, but I dedomed a XP-l 3C and the tint switched to an almost inandescent like tint. Was very surprised by the tint. Very warm with no green.
On the other side, I dedomed an xp-l 1A and now it's green like hulk.

Maybe you should ask Vinh wich dedomed led offers the greatsest tint.

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: HDS LED Swap

Thanks, right now we're talking about it. Figured while I was waiting for a response, some may have a recommendation.

Pops

ZuluWhiskeyFox

Enlightened
Following this thread. I have a very old HDS EDC Ultimate 60 in need of upgrade. The last led I put in it was a Soeul P4. It still works great.

Dan FO

Enlightened
Following this thread. I have a very old HDS EDC Ultimate 60 in need of upgrade. The last led I put in it was a Soeul P4. It still works great.
I had the same light and I put in a K2 TFFC UWOE and it's great. Warm tint with no green or purple. The K2s were probably the toughest over built LEDs out there. It was recommended by darkzero the builder and I am very happy because I wanted a bulletproof light. :D

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
To give you'all an update, and not to keep you hanging. We're (I mean Wayne's ... :grin2:) installing an XPG2 PDTc in my Rotary.

Pops