Zebra Lights.

Therut

Newly Enlightened
I am on going on a elk hunt here in about a month and want to order a head lamp from Zebra, I have 2 nitecore flashlights with the 18650 batteries, so I want to stay with one of the models that accept those batteries, I don't understand the difference between the models, It will be used to track game at night and just getting back to camp. Maybe a little odds and ends around camp. Any help would be appreciated...

SuPpAvIlLiN

Enlightened
The differences are tint and beams. Your choice is narrowed down 18650 models. I wouldn't sweat the tint option, generally warm is dimmer than cool. The beam differences are some are all flood, some have a hot spot.
For a camping, general use head lamp, I would go for cool tint, all flood. If u read in the specs it will say if it is all flood or hot spot with spill under (Beam)

indie

Newly Enlightened
Beam is available in either 12deg hotspot with 80deg spill, or 120deg flood. The H600F or H600Fw indicates flood beam. The w indicates neutral white as opposed to cool white. For tracking etc as your predominant use you may be better off with the narrow beam.

Good timing on this as I'm also seeking one. Most of my use will be general camp use so seems the flood would be better. My question is, for general close up use could you just go for a lower output on the narrow beam? There's always the option of adding some diffuser tape to the lens but this adds a possible PITA equation.

Next, retailers in Australia? They seem non-existent. I've messaged Zebralight in the USA to see what they say.

Ladp.1

Newly Enlightened
I have the original H600w and the current H600fw. I tend to use the fw far more often but that's mostly because I use it at closer range. I also much prefer the neutral version but that's just a preference. Either way you go, you will love it! Great headlamps.