Eagletac series differences?

uofaengr

Enlightened
I've looked all over but seem to be having trouble with this one. The D series seems to be small EDC lights. The T series seems to be tactical lights that focus on high modes rather than low modes. But there's a lot of stuff in between too like the P series. So could someone explain to me the differences between each series and what their purposes are? Like there's several single 18650 lights across 3 or 4 series that all seem similar and it's almost confusing trying to figure out what separates them all.

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is NOT good when a company has a catalog or product line which confuses the consumer.
This happens when there are too many items in the catalog or some items are similar.
Eagtac has way too many models in the catalog AND many of these models are similar in many ways. Not good imo.

On the other hand other big brands aren't much better, see Olight, Nietcore, Fenix, Surefire. Sunwayman is nearing that critical point too.

If i had the power, i would cut 75% of the Eagtac models including new and old models. When they expanded their line so fast, i began to lose track, lose interest, and stop caring. Right then i decided to abandon the brand. No more ET lights for me, just because of that! My loss but also their loss. Years ago the ET buzz on the forums was quite high, each new model was highly anticipated and at market release celebrated. Then they flooded the market with all those similar models and gone was the ET buzz.

I still love my few old popular models though, and i love the brand. But i won't support them anymore in future. They ruined "it" for me. :thumbsup:

markr6

Flashaholic
I was just thinking that today!! I'm starting to get these models mixed up...whats' new, old, discontinued, even available? I'm starting to like Eagletac more lately, but I've been waiting too long for some models that are not available at ANY dealers. I e-mailed Eagletac and they said a specific vendor should have them soon. Still waiting.

AB8XL

Enlightened
I think they really need the compare feature, where you can select say up to 6 different models and have a list of their specifications listed to compare against each of them.

I seem to spend a lot of time reading technical specifications and datasheets while taking notes when reading them to make my own comparisons and it becomes time consuming when trying to settle on just one light, sometimes it leads me into buying multiple lights.

wjv

Enlightened
It is NOT good when a company has a catalog or product line which confuses the consumer.

Even Fenix has done the same with their PD, LD, E series of lights. . PD35 and a E35.Or 3-4 versions of the TK22. . .

I like EagleTac, but I stick to their D series. . . Makes life simpler. Even in the D series you have clicky, twisty mini, tactical, X. . .

uofaengr

Enlightened
It's literally such a headache that I quickly give up when looking at their lights. I mean have an EDC series, a tactical series, and multi-emitter series and throw the rest away. Pretty simple and a hell of a lot easier on the consumer.

markr6

Flashaholic
I don't mind doing the research and trying to make sense of the model numbering. But it's starting to get messy with too many UIs and overlapping old and new models, many of which are not available anywhere. I would prefer the site to list all the current models, with a "coming soon" instead of a "buy online" with no stock anywhere.

uofaengr

Enlightened
Looking at Illumination Gear who has a fairly extensive selection of Eagletac, I counted 17 1x18650 lights across all the series with a couple 1x17650 lights sprinkled in. That's a lot of lights to research, coming from someone who will not buy anything without doing thorough research first. As mentioned before, you'll have base model, then tactical version, then tactical clicky version on some stuff. Kind of ridiculous.

Chaitanya

Banned
Eagletac has a really bad website design, with half of the links broken. I do agree they need to simplify their light catalogue redesign the website in a big way. I really appreciate the choices of various LEDs they provide for a selected model. Their head twisty design was a joke, as it almost got me killed last weekend while trekking in Sahyadris. And from the user manual and one of the early video posted by jojo selected of their new dual switch design lights, it seems like the stupid engineers at Eagletac have dropped the ball on mode memory. Every single competing light with dual switch UI has a mode memory. I was really planning to get their SX30l3 but now good bye Eagletac.

kkay

Newly Enlightened
My MX25LC3 has a dual switch mode memory, in the kit version. You have to twist the head though, to change outputs.

Chaitanya

Banned
My MX25LC3 has a dual switch mode memory, in the kit version. You have to twist the head though, to change outputs.
I am talking about their new "30" series of lights which have dropped that twisty head UI in favour of two side switches UI. The manual doesnt mention mode memory nor the video posted on youtube show it has mode memory. In any case I am done with Eagletac lights for good.

markr6

Flashaholic
I'm still confused about the new UI and need to see it in person. But, wouldn't this be as good as (or close) to memory?:

if you want to turn on the flashlight at the 3rd level, just press and release the white button switch three times from off.

Of course it's more work, but I like that you can reach any level from off. But if you use a medium level often, you're stuck clicking 3 times...a lot. So as usual, not a perfect UI for everyone.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
A Titanium light available on Sale, with N219, that can use Li-Ion is a Great way to lighten your wallet! :broke:

No need to lose any sleep over it, If you consider a Whining circuit with PWM that ET lies about, to be just a minor annoyance... (D25C), in a light that can not be modded (D25A). Buy more than one :eek:

Last edited:

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ive got 7 ET's ranging from the GX25A3 to the MX25L2 turbo head. Love them all but their website needs a major make over. I can see how confusing it would be for the non flashaholic hell even the "flashaholic arena" area of their page is confusing as hell. They sell a LOT of lights and should have a better site. I think a lot of proper categorization and terminology gets lost due to the site not being done by fluent english speakers.

Showing the lights in use like on the Fenix site would be greatly helpful and break up a lot of confusion. Ive already targeted the new GX as my next light but thats gonna be awhile its been an expensive flashaholic summer...

kkay

Newly Enlightened
I think they definitely need to add videos to their site. Also they need to do maintenance videos. They talk about using Deoxit Red, but I am not certain about all the parts they mention. They need photos, and diagrams of this as well. Comparisons would be wonderful. If they had a list of EDC, Search Lights, low-high price range in each category etc...that would be helpful.

markr6

Flashaholic
I'm just glad they don't organize lights by category like "Hunting", "Recreation", "Camping". Those mean NOTHING and I bet 90% of the people using one of the "hunting" lights never use it for hunting.

I think a simple layout by cell type then size is one of the best ways.