*NEW* in title to be 6 months only

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

This has become ridiculous & completely out of control in CPF putting *NEW* by default in front of every single light.
It's unnecessary and makes CPF look like a bit of a joke.

...So there should be a limit of 6 months for *New* in title.

*OR* a better solution would be the date; for example 2015 Fenix xxx.

There are members with *NEW* in titles from years ago and haven't been changed.........................:shakehead

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
It doesn't bother me at all, but yeah maybe just the date of release or projected release, the year model in the thread title would suffice.

Lol you know this is never changing though, right?

markr6

Flashaholic
Lol you know this is never changing though, right?

Yeah, good thought but it's just to hard to get everyone on the same page. The moderators do a great job keeping everything running smoothly, but I'm sure this would just be too much of a headache to babysit.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
I entered this thread thinking I'd see information about a *NEW* flashlight release.

nbp

Flashaholic
THANK YOU!!! I have been wanting to say this for a while. It's ridiculous looking at the first page and seeing 20 threads with *NEW* in front of it. It's just clickbait, totally unproductive. The date of the OP will tell a person what they need to know about which time frame is being discussed, or as you suggested, just put a model year. That would be much more useful. Most of the threads that say NEW aren't even new anymore.

slumber

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow! I never even noticed. Just took a look and realized all those *New* threads are for manufacturers I'm not particularly interested in. However, I can see how it might be annoying.

snurblet

Newly Enlightened
I'll be checking on this thread in 6 months to see if the title has been changed. :)

I wonder if the vb software can provide a "*NEW*" thread icon similar to the "Sticky" label, that automatically drops off after 6 months.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll be checking on this thread in 6 months to see if the title has been changed. :)

I wonder if the vb software can provide a "*NEW*" thread icon similar to the "Sticky" label, that automatically drops off after 6 months.

+

Yep, thought if that regarding the my title
..smartypants ;)

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was just thinking the same thing about the use of *new*. Many threads have it in the title and it also stays there long term.

KeepingItLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Agree wholeheartedly!

*NEW* is a joke. I joined CPF last May, and have been reviewing many *NEW* flashlights from one, two, three, and more years back. It's irritating to be tricked by the *NEW* headline.

1DaveN

Enlightened
Agree wholeheartedly!

*NEW* is a joke. I joined CPF last May, and have been reviewing many *NEW* flashlights from one, two, three, and more years back. It's irritating to be tricked by the *NEW* headline.

The worst is accidentally replying to a thread that's been inactive since 2012 :)

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
To MAD777, I have the same situation. I have even showed her some of the funny quotes and pictures.

Last edited:
Simple solution, Scroll to the bottom of the page. Find Thread Display Options. > Sort threads by: > Thread Start Time > .Descending Order > Show Threads. ​wallh! All the old, "new" threads are gone. Orbital, you're welcome.

~ Chance

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Simple solution, Scroll to the bottom of the page. Find Thread Display Options. > Sort threads by: > Thread Start Time > .Descending Order > Show Threads. ​wallh! All the old, "new" threads are gone. Orbital, you're welcome.

~ Chance

Sorry C.G., but dats a lot of work.

Pops

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Pops,.. What's new?

Everything, I guess. It's not 6 months yet! ... LOL

Pops

PS Orbital, I'm just kidding around. I do see your point. Placing a date, makes it clearer.

Last edited: