Armani Embraces 'Metrosexual' Fashion

Mark_Larson

Enlightened
Re: Armani Embraces \'Metrosexual\' Fashion

Give an old dog a new name....

When was the last time a fashion designer had something remotely resembling a macho look? Maybe at the time GWB declared war, but before and after that its all been effeminate dressing and lots of makeup. And yes i'm talking about the guys.

Ratus

Newly Enlightened

When I clicked the link I saw this
Metrosexual_MJ.jpg

raggie33

*the raggedier*

im the worst dresser in the world im very happy in blue jeans and a tshirt .

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

How about elastic pants and a T-shirt?
I could very well be a worse dresser than you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

I saw the term "metrosexual" last summer on TV or in the paper or something.

ftumch33

Enlightened

`cough`(h*m*s`)`cough`(f*gg*ts)`cough`
that`s the problem with men today , too feminine. There`s nothing wrong with looking good and having some fashion sense , but when you`re a man who dresses up all cute and acts effeminate to show your feminine side then you might as well be a chick and the world will be filled with lesbians (nothing wrong with that) .Believe me , I`m not ragging on those with `other` sexual preferences . I have friends on both sides of the fence. What gets me is when straight guys start acting all funny or `Metrosexual` because it`s an `in` Fad. Ever see that South Park episode when all the men in south park go metrosexual including the kids? Mr. Garrison gets all pissed off so him and mister slave go to hollywood to convince the producers of `***** eye yadda, yadda, yadda, to stop making the show cause it takes away from the gay lifestyle and the guys from `***** eye` are really `crab people?` . That was funny!!!
I think we should have a show called `straight eye for the ***** guy` . Show some of these guys how to be a man instead of a creampuff but that would be discrimination,wouldn`t it? Some double standard, isn`t it?

Zelandeth

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hmm, fashion? What's that all about? My fashion sense consists of finding things that are comfortable to wear, and don't cost an arm and a leg...that's it.

I really don't CARE what I look like. I just work on the basis that all black sweatshirts and pants will never go out of fashion. Plus just about anything that has the image of a Dragon on it - but that's another story entirely.

As for how I act, I'm just me. And I know perfectly well that I can't understand people in general, so I don't even bother trying to fit in! I know when I'm wasting my time, so don't bother wasting it! (That last comment doesn't event relate to sexuality directly or otherwise, just things in general).

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast

Armani would love to have males blow serious money on clothes as each season changes. That would boost his sales by 100% if he could pull it off. Imagine guys looking at fashion magazines, going to the mall for hours trying on clothes and checking out makeup. A few critical errors in his thinking.

1. Wal-Mart super centers destroy the need for malls for the typical guy.
2. The internet further eliminates the need to go to stores (woohoo!) Imagine shopping for flashlights?
3. Women tend to date men that are low maintenance. Gay guys are their friends.

The gay thing had it's 15 minutes of fame in a TV show about giving men makeovers. Today's TV is utter crap, "reality" shows, house fixers and "shock" TV. If it costs almost nothing to make, the networks are all over it. Same thing with "music" companies... if crap sells, make more crap! The gay guys were the latest "shock" to make people curious.
Southpark hits the nail on the head with gay... err "metrosexual" fashion. Of course, Southpark tends to always hit the nail on the head as far as social commentary goes. God bless the Canadians... they have freedom of speech.
Wranglers, professional suits and dockers for me. I prefer to use my money on flashlights!

MichiganMan

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Southpark tends to always hit the nail on the head as far as social commentary goes. God bless the Canadians... they have freedom of speech.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh Bent, Trey Parker and Matt Stone are both native born citizens of the US (Stone was actually born in Texas)