imalent ddt40? looks like a rip off of nitecore tm26

Andrew Storlie

Newly Enlightened
So i saw an ad about this imalent brand flashlight model ddt40. Looks like a rip off of the nitecore tm26?

Any one else see this? And it looks kinda of cheap to be honest. Bunch of led stuff and a remote seems to be just a gimick so sell more.

Andrew Storlie

Newly Enlightened
See ive looked at the ddt40 and it seems like they are trying to fit too much stuff in a light. All the different buttons and stuff, and a remote atleast for me sound bad.

d88

Newly Enlightened
is this the one with an inbuilt electronic compass ? If so there are a few youtube videos kicking around and they do look a bit cheap and nasty.

Andrew Storlie

Newly Enlightened
Yea it has a built in compass and a remote, which is good for if you loose it maybe. Idk... but yea it looks cheap. Sorry but in my honest opinion. Having those leds on the side seem useless and in the way. And stuff like a full temp gauge instead of just a number is just a gimick.

It seems like they said... we cant copy nitecore so we are gonna add a bunch of useless stuff to make us look better.

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yea it has a built in compass and a remote, which is good for if you loose it maybe. Idk... but yea it looks cheap. Sorry but in my honest opinion. Having those leds on the side seem useless and in the way. And stuff like a full temp gauge instead of just a number is just a gimick.

It seems like they said... we cant copy nitecore so we are gonna add a bunch of useless stuff to make us look better.

it's not a real light until I can play Angry Birds on it.....

d88

Newly Enlightened

If your having to rely on an inbuilt electronic compass on a light to get yourself to safety , then more than likely you have bigger problems at hand and that's before we even ask the question how accurate it is.

As you say, it appears to be full of gimmicks.

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was looking at this light too. My thoughts were not to buy it. If it is buggy and not working like it's supposed to it would just upset me and not get used. It might be fine and a good light but I'm not going to chance it. I have plenty of lights anyway.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not sure about that particular model, but I have read reviews of other Imalents. Build quality is supposed to be excellent on them.