Where to purchase a Photon II?

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I am living in Sweden and there are no local dealers providing this little gadget for sale. So, I´ll have to buy online.
What web dealer would you suggest?
BTW Is the Photon II really the best key chain light out there??
PS As you can see, I know almost nothing about this subject, a total newbie
smile.gif

Cyclops942

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somewhere in the vicinity of Phoenix, Arizona, USA
I've had wonderful luck with Gall's ( http://www.galls.com ), but I have to admit that I've always purchased from them either over the phone (before they had a website) or physically at their location.

They carry the Photon IIs and the ASP Sapphire lights, as well as the Streamlight Stylus.

I've seen a friend's turquoise Photon II, and it does appear to be noticeably brighter than my ASP Sapphire light, even in office-lighting conditions.
frown.gif
(bummer, blow to flashlight-ego)

I prefer the Sapphire's spring-clip to the Photon's split-ring for attachment, simply because it's easier to detach for use, but if you're always going to leave it on your keychain (or your zipper-pull, or wherever), that's not an issue. There doesn't seem to be much doubt about the turquoise Photon II being the brightest keychain LED light out there, from what I've been able to glean from this board and personal experience.

Good luck.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks for the reply Cyclops942.

I already own a Sapphire Light and like it a lot in some ways and less in other.

The reason why I would like to get a Photon is the possibility to change the batteries.

As the batteries of Sapphire Light run out, one is forced to send it back to the manufacturer for replacing.

To send it back to US from Sweden is not an option mainly because of the costly shiping charges. I could as well buy a new one.

Regards dePaul!

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Land o' goshen boys, if you wanna light the size of a darn photon but wanna change the batteries without surgeon's tools, get an EMISSIVE ENERGY at: http://store.yahoo.com/botach/emenmic.html
(...$7.00 now, used t'be $5.95 ...such a deal...)

ps - when comparing your lights, you must measure the voltage of the batteries, must you not, for a fair brightness comparison?
cheers!

<FONT COLOR="#000000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Ted on 12-31-2000 at 12:12 PM</font>

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Hm, so what you actually say, Ted, is that the Emissive is brighter, at the same voltage output?

D

**DONOTDELETE**

DePaul;
no. the two items were separate issues...
the emissive energy does use the same led as the photon, though...

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast
If your getting a Photon, get a narrow beam white.
smile.gif

Blades

D

**DONOTDELETE**

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Blades:
Get a narrow beam white.
smile.gif

Blades
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Right on. That´s the one I was thinking of
smile.gif
As for candidate #2 I am considering the turqoise one.

Have a nice day, regards dePaul!

Doug

Enlightened
How can you tell the narrow beam Photon from the 'normal'? I have a white Photon II that I purchased, just the other day.... So, how can I tell which one it is? Or, is the narrow beam one, the one "covert" one? Does the narrow model have greater "throw"? Thanks.

Doug

D

**DONOTDELETE**

your welcome...and when the time comes to change the battery, lets us know how many Swedes it takes to unscrew, and reassemble a Photon!!! (laughing face)

<FONT COLOR="#000000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Ted on 01-03-2001 at 01:44 PM</font>

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don`t believe they have been making the wide beam for 9 months or so. Chances are yours is the narrow beam unless you got a hold of old stock. I have both and can tell you the narrow beam is much brighter all the way around.

<FONT COLOR="#000000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by KenB on 01-04-2001 at 07:32 PM</font>

Brock

Flashaholic
Hi, the older style Photons will have a ring with a darker center of light, while the newer ones have a nice center weighted light.

Brock

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Someone is selling Photon II`s on E-bay for $11.50 plus 2 bucks shipping. They have all colors. Type in Photon then scroll down a bit to "Photon blow out sale".