Fenix TK 16, or Olight M22 or Eagletac G25 C2 mk ii Orrrr??? Any users out there?

RCLumens

Enlightened
Greetings all! Am thinking of getting back to a balanced tactical beam which works for my liking and see the Fenix TK 16 as a contender.. Seems as though Battery Junction has them up and available and was wondering if anyone on here has had the chance to use one yet? http://www.batteryjunction.com/fenix-tk16-xml2-u2.html

I used to have the ET G25C2 mk ii and know the M22 as well first hand. Keep in mind I've got an M2X, (which is up for trade) so I know what throw is. I also have a zebralight Sc62, Olight SR96 and Nitecore Hammer for something in-between but at the sacrifice of size, output, runtime, etc...

A 1K-ish or + lumen light with single 18650, pocket clip and and tactical(ish) operation that can stay near max without overheating and throw a minimum of 14K lux and also have a pocket clip is the balance I'm looking for. Too much to ask I wonder? Obviously it looks like this new Fenix TK16 is coming in as the smallest of the other two - and that dual tail switch does make things simpler...So I was wondering if anyone has used one yet? The other two can get to hi & strobe setting easy which makes them contenders. Plust they can stay on hi without getting very hot. The zebralight SC62 size is great, but it does get warm quickly, and only throws to about 10K lux or so.

The Olight M2X fits the bill but is really for throw and I want something with a better balanced beam. Again Ideally in a single 18650 size with a clip.
Any feedback on any of these lights or others I'm missing is GREATLY appreciated. Thank you forum friends!
Cheers,
RC

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
I actually adore my M21X an M22 Warriors.
I'm finding the M21X mid range makes up for slightly lower high range between the two.
Though, I mention the M21X, as it is even more pocket friendly then the M22, just a slight bit but it makes a difference.
Nice light, reasonably priced now as its last year's, or year before but has newer led like M22 just lower high output.

RCLumens

Enlightened
Thanks for the tip - I'll check out that one as well especially it's pocket friendliness. I'm surprised no TK16's out there -

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Based on what I've seen, 1x18650 lights either are too small to avoid over-heating, or more often than not, simply don't have the boost circuitry to sustain max output for long. In addition, without a boost driver, a partially depleted cell will not have enough volts to power up the max mode. Of course, there comes a point when the cell has so little juice left that even with a boost driver it still can't power the max mode.

TheBelgian

Newly Enlightened
The only 1x18650 lights I know that can keep a full 1000 lumen regulated are the Zebralights and Armyteks. All others have some stepdown and usually can only reach 1000 with full batteries. In reality, you won't notice the drop until it drops more than 30% and even then...

The TK16 has been out for only a short time, so few people will have first hand experience.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
ET T25C2 XP-L HI. Very pocket friendly with an amazing beam. Adore my 2 G25C2 Mk II's. Olights always solid like the M22 but have no experience with the TK16....and you can get extension tubes to run 2x18650 on the ET for more run time/higher voltage

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would go for
Olight M23 UT
Eagletac T25C2 XP-L HI
Eagletac G25C2 XP-L HI

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
ET G25C2 MkII XP-L HI
IMG_02411_zpstwznvdau.jpg

T25C2 XP-L HI
IMG_02391_zpshdqhyzid.jpg

G25C2 MkII XP-L HI
IMG_02221_zpskrxhb9c5.jpg

D6859

Enlightened
I really like the combination of flood and throw of my M22. Tacticalish ui with douple tap for max and triple for strobe.

For more throw I have Armytek Predator Pro v2.5. I like the programmable ui and that it can stay on max as long as there is juice in the battery. You have to notice that the max is 'only' 500+ OTF lumens though. Also there's no programming option in v3.0.